Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:54 PM

12 posts, read 32,047 times

Advertisements

Is it really that hard to get a job in Las Vegas? What kind of jobs would be the easiest to get? I was thinking of moving to Las Vegas because I want to get out of the "situation" that i'm in and I don't want to get into something that could become another "situation". (The situatiion is a BAD relationship) I have 25 years experience in hospitality and I have also done residential and commercial cleaning. Any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 10:25 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,725,199 times
I just had a room rented out in my other home and he got a job in 1 day. He got a bellhop job at the Westin Hotel. Its 8 bucks an hour + tips, and in the graveyard shift, you dont pool tips. I'm not sure if he just got lucky, but I think there are plenty of jobs for those who really want to work hard.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:39 PM

638 posts, read 2,247,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi Goes Hollywood View Post
Is it really that hard to get a job in Las Vegas? What kind of jobs would be the easiest to get? I was thinking of moving to Las Vegas because I want to get out of the "situation" that i'm in and I don't want to get into something that could become another "situation". (The situatiion is a BAD relationship) I have 25 years experience in hospitality and I have also done residential and commercial cleaning. Any input would be appreciated.
You want to pack up and move out of town to get out of a relationship? It must be REALLY BAD. I hope you are not in danger.

From what I have seen, the construction and housing industry has taken a hit, but I would imagine that hospitality is still a pretty safe bet. There are some new resorts coming on line soon which should help a little more. Tourism is down a little, but I dont think it is down as much that it would have caused hospitality job growth to stall, but thats just my feeling. I could be wrong.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:06 AM

Yeah it is that bad but i'm not in any danger (thanks for the concern).
I was wondering if the cleaning industry (commercial and/or residential) is saturated in Las Vegas. I am doing restaurant cleaning right now (i'm self employed) and I have done office and residential in the past so I do have experience. Thanks!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:43 AM

560 posts, read 2,190,765 times
If you speak english I will hire you to clean my house now!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:25 PM

697 posts, read 3,282,440 times
You speak english??? You don't stand a chance in Vegas as a cleaning person. JK. Most of the large properties have put hiring freezes on jobs until the economy picks up.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:59 PM

Actually I want to start my own house or small business cleaning business. I do speak English---lol!

Old 04-14-2008, 05:11 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,725,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi Goes Hollywood View Post
Actually I want to start my own house or small business cleaning business. I do speak English---lol!
I see plenty of people cleaning houses, but yes, most ..or all of them are spanish speaking. If you can charge the same or cheaper than them and market yourself as an English speaker..then you should do well.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:05 PM

31 posts, read 97,940 times
Default yes its HARD. Look at this MGM Mirage is laying off 440 managers

ReviewJournal.com - Breaking News - MGM Mirage is laying off 440 managers (http://www.lvrj.com/breaking_news/17679794.html - broken link)

Old 04-14-2008, 08:17 PM

100 posts, read 405,302 times
Stay on the board and when we move I will call you to clean our house! I was looking into it with a friend but they hate their cleaning lady too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: