Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 12:04 PM

74 posts, read 59,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolving View Post
VG247, You are right. KB does not negotiate much with buyers. Not sure if they give a little with realtors involved but I do not think so, at least at the time we bought in 2015 in Summerlin. They just gave a $3000 discount towards closing or options across the board at the time.
Thanks very much again and happy new year :-)

Yes this is still accurate to date with my experience from KB as well, nothing off/nothing back. Only $2-3K towards title and fees if using their lender.

Their KB lender had reached out with this offer and also offered to match rates only after knowing I was going with my own lender. I’m sticking with mine because we have an excellent relationship, the money offered from KB’ is quite insignificant at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 01:51 PM

100 posts, read 59,455 times
Happy New Year to you too! It should be an excellent new year for you with a brand new home you can put your personal touch to. I am glad you have an excellent lender relationship because that is a second major hurdle related to home buying. May everything go as smoothly as possible for you and your family. Enjoy your new home once you are moved in and have ownership.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:25 PM

10,608 posts, read 5,698,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg247 View Post
Given the current market , is it common that a new home Builder does not offer any incentives at all to the buyer?

I mean no options incentives, no discounts whatsoever...

Consider how many new build home prices are heavily discounted and every builder I have visited in Summerlin and Henderson has offered some sort of HUGE incentive, there’s KB Inspirada at the Terraces that will not offer any incentives at all and I thought this is strange assuming they would be want to be competitive with other builders etc.

Perhaps you would prefer they raise prices $25,000 and then give you $20,000 in incentives.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Perhaps you would prefer they raise prices $25,000 and then give you $20,000 in incentives.
You must work for the builder I referenced lol all kidding aside I totally understand your angle and the sales game.

I personal feel KB and their strategy is unique as already stated here in this thread, giving/offering nothing while all the 10 + or so other major builders all around have some incentive to offer.

After all that’s said and done I’m already going forward and hope this thread is good information for others in the future. YMMV

Old 01-03-2019, 08:39 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,823,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg247 View Post
Given the current market , is it common that a new home Builder does not offer any incentives at all to the buyer?

I mean no options incentives, no discounts whatsoever...

Consider how many new build home prices are heavily discounted and every builder I have visited in Summerlin and Henderson has offered some sort of HUGE incentive, there’s KB Inspirada at the Terraces that will not offer any incentives at all and I thought this is strange assuming they would be want to be competitive with other builders etc.
What's the current market?

I would think there is a lot of supply in new builds, is that not right?

Old 01-03-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
What's the current market?

I would think there is a lot of supply in new builds, is that not right?
That’s affirmative, from my on-site visits and working with my realtor over the last 6-8 months there are numerous new builds available (high supply) right now, and many more new constructions in progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: