Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:52 AM

697 posts, read 3,282,440 times

Advertisements

With summer around the corner, your cat food bill will go down. Mine eats all the roaches. Don't even need to buy cat food. JK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 02:15 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,325,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
With summer around the corner, your cat food bill will go down. Mine eats all the roaches. Don't even need to buy cat food. JK
Thanks for grossing me out for the day.
I guess we are even now.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:33 PM

697 posts, read 3,282,440 times
If you think it is gross reading about it, then you should witness the act.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:40 AM

No thanks Cjski. It was bad enough watching a rerun of the simpsons where they all turned into roaches and ran and hid. (the beginning of it) Although it was funny, it still creeped me out slightly.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:41 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,489,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
After years of shopping at Smith's, Albertson's, and Von's, I have recently converted to Wal-Mart----as I shop at 4-6am, and avoid the normal clientel. The prices for what I buy, is generally 30-40% less, and the quality, and price of meats and produce is superior to the others. If you require "specialty" items, forget about it---but for basics, Wal-Mart is my choice.
I shop at Wal-Mart supercenter as well. I particularly like the one on Spring Mountain Road...they re-did that store 2 years ago...it's clean, huge, produce is GOOD, meat...well...I still buy my meat from Costco or Smiths

I am not impressed with the supercenter up in Centennial...and the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Marts...are good for quick, packaged goods...a gallon of milk, a box of cereal, etc.

You can't beat the prices of Wal-Mart, so I agree with you Greg.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:16 PM

572 posts, read 1,687,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I shop at Wal-Mart supercenter as well. I particularly like the one on Spring Mountain Road...they re-did that store 2 years ago...it's clean, huge, produce is GOOD, meat...well...I still buy my meat from Costco or Smiths

I am not impressed with the supercenter up in Centennial...and the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Marts...are good for quick, packaged goods...a gallon of milk, a box of cereal, etc.

You can't beat the prices of Wal-Mart, so I agree with you Greg.
The Wal-Mart that just opened up in The Arroyo (215 and Rainbow) is probably the nicest that I have ever seen anywhere in the US. Granted, I';m sure that in a few years it will fall to the same level as the rest. But definitely worth checking out for any of you that live down there.

LOL @ MomMom... Costco is fantastic for meat! (If you have the freezer space to store all of it!) I got a little tip for you.... have you ever had the Rotisserie Chicken that they sell there? Delicious! And here is the thing. You can buy them, and freeze them as-is, for easy meals later on. I buy three or four of them at a time and freeze them. A quick defrost and about 20 mins in the oven and presto!

Yeah, I have too much free time on my hands lately...lol

Old 04-08-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones978 View Post
The Wal-Mart that just opened up in The Arroyo (215 and Rainbow) is probably the nicest that I have ever seen anywhere in the US. Granted, I';m sure that in a few years it will fall to the same level as the rest. But definitely worth checking out for any of you that live down there.

LOL @ MomMom... Costco is fantastic for meat! (If you have the freezer space to store all of it!) I got a little tip for you.... have you ever had the Rotisserie Chicken that they sell there? Delicious! And here is the thing. You can buy them, and freeze them as-is, for easy meals later on. I buy three or four of them at a time and freeze them. A quick defrost and about 20 mins in the oven and presto!
Yeah, I have too much free time on my hands lately...lol

OK, put him on the Food Network

Semi-homemade/20 minute meals with DaveyJones....hehehe

Old 04-08-2008, 02:30 PM

572 posts, read 1,687,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
OK, put him on the Food Network

Semi-homemade/20 minute meals with DaveyJones....hehehe

ROFLMAO!!! Ironically semi-homemade is playing on my tv right now.. oh, poor Sandra Lee.. she really needs to put down the booze

(yeah, I'm a bit of a Food Network addict... there, the secret is out )

Old 04-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones978 View Post
ROFLMAO!!! Ironically semi-homemade is playing on my tv right now.. oh, poor Sandra Lee.. she really needs to put down the booze

(yeah, I'm a bit of a Food Network addict... there, the secret is out )
They get a lot of the food products they use on the Food Network at Whole Foods. I like that store a lot, but whew, is it expensive! Eating healthy is for the wealthy!

Is it cocktail time yet?

Old 04-08-2008, 03:01 PM

Yes, Whole Foods is pricey. What I hate about them, they did the takeover of Wild Oats and now that store is just another over priced Whole foods. What will they do next, take over Sunflower market and wreck it too?
sorry, just had to vent. I hate when my stores I frequently shop at are taken over and I can no longer afford to shop there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas