Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:53 PM

755 posts, read 400,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Speaking of vague posts. The vague post below is what started this little back and forth I thought I had bowed out of at one point.

When you mentioned Internet and trading stocks I thought you were working on a computer. After a while I decided (without your ever actually stating it) that you were talking about straight coax to your TV and there was not computer involved. That's when I decided to leave the discussion.

So I will, once again, vaguely try to bow out of this conversation. Is that acceptable to you or are you needing to give me more grief for some reason?
I don't wanna give ya greef, I'm just happy the six people that post on this site are happy with cox.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:07 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,753,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander666 View Post
I don't wanna give ya greef, I'm just happy the six people that post on this site are happy with cox.
So am I. There ought to be a way to find out why you are having problems. There are a limited number of items required to bring that signal to your TV. A decent tech that knows the system should be able to find the problem. Unless. Unless yours is something like we had back in Iowa.

We had intermittent outages (sound familiar?). Random times. Random lengths of time. In our case it was finally determined that rabbits were the culprits. Our cable was laid under some mulch instead of being buried. That was because I was heavily into gardening and kept cutting the cable when planting. I had them replace the entire cable and leave it on the ground. I was able to move it any time I planted. Remove the mulch where the plant went, see the cable, move it.

But it turned out that rabbits liked to munch on the cable for some reason. So, new cable and screen mesh over it. No more problems. I could still move it, but the rabbits couldn't get to it.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:01 AM

325 posts, read 164,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
It's going to be very expensive initially

When it does come down in price, low enough to compete with cox, then cox will either be the major service provider or send out jamming signals so 5g won't work.
i am a verizon subscriber and it's $ 50.00 a month for me and $ 70.00 a month if your not a verizon subscriber. i got the first thee months free free modem and router an apple 4k t.v. and 3 months of youtube t.v.. now how would that be more than cox. and BTW the speeds are insane. now compare that to a fiber provider. hell cox was willing to sell me more data if i went over there data caps. we have verizon 5G in LA and no contracts and no data caps!!!

Old 09-25-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxmfan2018 View Post
i am a verizon subscriber and it's $ 50.00 a month for me and $ 70.00 a month if your not a verizon subscriber. i got the first thee months free free modem and router an apple 4k t.v. and 3 months of youtube t.v.. now how would that be more than cox. and BTW the speeds are insane. now compare that to a fiber provider. hell cox was willing to sell me more data if i went over there data caps. we have verizon 5G in LA and no contracts and no data caps!!!
Excellent. I can't wait. There are great packages for TV out there for $50, and in order to stay in residential business cox will need to make major changes. Amazon is currently working on a free TV package. It took 30 years, but it's finally happening.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:03 AM

The latest thing with cox is their crappy boxes are re booting 3 times a day early in the morning.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:00 PM

638 posts, read 595,721 times
Funny story, last week I realised my cox bill had gone up from $39.99 to $64.99. I called them, argued and threatened to cancel, and got nowhere.

So I went down to the store, and waited 30 mins, and did the same, threatening to cancel saying it wasnt worth it to me. They still couldnt bring the cost down, and as I looked at the screen the penny dropped. I realised that the increase, was because I previously only had internet, and the increase happened when I added basic tv to the internet only price....

Mumbled some excuses before the guy realised too, and left.

Two days later, I wake up to an email offering me money off if I came back to cox, and to find my cable had been cancelled.

Just as I figured that out, my phone rang, and it was cox offering me a discount. I ended up with them adding the next level of channels (food network, discovery etc) and keeping my cost the same. So even my stupidity had a decent outcome!

I have a weird feeling though that they've dropped me from a 15mb to a 10mb line, so they've managed to sneak it back. Odd since the 10mb plan doesnt seem to exist any more...

Old 09-25-2018, 02:46 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,814,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxmfan2018 View Post
Speaking of trial prices, I pay $50 a month for 150mbps Cox internet only.
I am on the Sprint free plan which gives me unlimited text, data and voice, for a whole year. Taxes are $3/m. That's it

My combined total is less than yours and this is Las Vegas where I am actually able to get the deal.

5G is available almost nowhere. I had high hopes for Google Fiber, but it never came here.

I'm all for competition, but 5G internet isn't going to be available at a competitive price for at least another 2 years here, if ever.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Speaking of trial prices, I pay $50 a month for 150mbps Cox internet only.
I am on the Sprint free plan which gives me unlimited text, data and voice, for a whole year. Taxes are $3/m. That's it

My combined total is less than yours and this is Las Vegas where I am actually able to get the deal.

5G is available almost nowhere. I had high hopes for Google Fiber, but it never came here.

I'm all for competition, but 5G internet isn't going to be available at a competitive price for at least another 2 years here, if ever.
Read post #33,???

Old 09-25-2018, 04:22 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,814,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander666 View Post
Read post #33,???
I quoted post #33, which should be a good indication of whether I've read it or not.

Do you want to go back and reread post #37?

Old 09-25-2018, 04:37 PM

60 posts, read 45,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
What are the advantages to 5G over 4G, and what type of users would benefit? [ knowing that the answer to the first question may answer the second ]
None. There are no benefits. Everyone is doing fine with 4G and 4G is actually being throttled to falsely make you believe you need 5G.

They are rushing 5G hardcore even though it's a flimsy unproven technology. They are desperate to embed it in roads even though you're not allowed to watch video as a driver. Funny, huh? Read between the lines.

Why do they not want you to escape 5G? Why are they pushing 5G harder than multiple genders? Because they intend to abuse the microwave frequencies and attack public health directly and quietly. 5G can be aimed as a beam. It can cause remote cancer. The fact that it can is enough.

All of the houses that burned down in California's first wave of fires had "smart meters". Something to think about. New utility technology is dangerous as long as corporations control it. They own the news too when things go wrong. You will just never know why Bill Gates "predicts" diseases and then they actually happen. You're too smart for that. It will never happen to you. You have a college degree. And a 24/7 personal GPS tracking beacon as a phone.

Once the towers are up, you are done. I am done. We are all done. Checkmate. Don't say anything offensive to anyone ever again. You'll never know how many degrees of separation you are from the digital death squad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: