Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 03:01 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,575,625 times

Advertisements

Report it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 05:45 PM

293 posts, read 192,300 times
What about blasting death metal or Black metal at them.

Like this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zih80RNPZL8

Old 01-02-2019, 07:24 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,131,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post

Like this song.

Ha ha. Back in NC I had neighbors that made all kinds of noise when I was trying to sleep. They'd come out and argue outside my bedroom window. I asked them to stop, nicely, many times. Finally I had enough.
I have a big guitar amp. I've put it outside, aiming at the obnoxious neighbor's house, and just cranked the most annoying and high pitched noises I could at 3am.
They were quiet after that.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:25 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,525,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyak0 View Post
My neighbors play loud bass throughout the day and night. It vibrates our walls and it’s so bad that even our phone is able to capture a video of the sounds and vibration. It’s been almost two weeks. For the past 5 months we have heard 0 noise except for sometimes footsteps and doors slamming. Noise is NOT an issue It’s the bass. We can’t enjoy watching tv in our own living room. Is there any way to go about this? What is Nevada state laws on disruptive noises? It’s so unbearable I hear the sound of bass even when I’m not home. We have confronted them once and they agreed to turn it down, only to turn it back up and hour later. Has anyone dealt with th same problem & what was the outcome? Would really hate to contact management and cops.

Unfortunately, this situation, as are other disturbing annoyances , all too familiar when one lives in close proximity to others.
While living close it’s always a gamble; all is well until...new neighbor moves next door, neighbors like to party into the night, kids causing a ruckus while you want to nap, you get the idea.
I’ve lived apartment life (shared floors), as well as condo living (shared walls), not worth the aggravation if you need peace and quiet....I moved on.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:01 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,150,469 times
Or walk your happy ass over there with some cookies or fresh baked bread and explain your position nicely. Invite them over for a bbq, make a friend not an enemy.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:22 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,062,248 times
In apts I think it is not acceptable at any time, really, but there are some people out there who are ridiculously sensitive to sounds that probably shouldn't be living in apartments at all.

For cars on the street, I don't think anyone has any legit complaint until whatever the noise ordinance cutoff time is. I do think a lot of people could learn to be a bit more considerate, like turn it down if it's late and you're entering a residential area, but grown adults seem to be Becoming less and less mature as the years roll on.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:26 AM

117 posts, read 176,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post

Like this song.

And then follow it up with some dubstep

You can both engage in a Jamaican style sound clash, minus the reggae music

Old 01-06-2019, 11:37 AM

Clark county has a noise ordinance, even during the day.

If you are renting and your landlord has been informed and fails to take action, that is a breech of contract that will get you out of a lease. All residential property is covered by a covenant of quiet enjoyment. In the case of a rental, it is the property manager's responsibility to enforce this.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:41 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,816,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Clark county has a noise ordinance, even during the day.

If you are renting and your landlord has been informed and fails to take action, that is a breech of contract that will get you out of a lease. All residential property is covered by a covenant of quiet enjoyment. In the case of a rental, it is the property manager's responsibility to enforce this.
They should enforce it on the roads. It's unbelievably annoying and inconsiderate when some dumbass blasts their music at 3am in a residential area.

I have no clue how people get away with it in apartment complexes where you would know who the culprit is and what they drive.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
They should enforce it on the roads. It's unbelievably annoying and inconsiderate when some dumbass blasts their music at 3am in a residential area.

I have no clue how people get away with it in apartment complexes where you would know who the culprit is and what they drive.
I agree with you. I've stopped expecting Californians to be considerate of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas