Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 02:27 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,057,514 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We are going to put our home up for sale in about a month. I want the 3d imaging, great photos etc but don't want to get slammed with fees.

In a seller's market, I can't see paying 6% commission and tons of closing costs. I understand the buyers agent gets 2-3%. I think the sellers agent should get 3% (if that) on the first 100k, and then 1% on the balance over 100k.

Home will be in the 360k-380k range.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Who did you use?
Ever try the 1% guys?
Redfin?
For Sale by owner?

Please PM me some details and advice finding a company or realtor...

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 02:54 PM

294 posts, read 237,416 times
Good luck selling and indeed a very interesting topic for any homeowner. Paying 6% in a sellers market is insane.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:26 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,335,593 times
If you have the time just put up a FSBO sign. Offer 3% to the agent that brings you an acceptable offer. At the very least you may meet some agents who are aggressive with their listing fees.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:09 PM

139 posts, read 170,297 times
I used Platinum Real Estate when I sold last September. 1% seller's commish and 2.5% to the buyers. Saved a ton of money. Got full list price and sold in about 2 weeks.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:52 PM

496 posts, read 367,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Hi All,

We are going to put our home up for sale in about a month. I want the 3d imaging, great photos etc but don't want to get slammed with fees.

In a seller's market, I can't see paying 6% commission and tons of closing costs. I understand the buyers agent gets 2-3%. I think the sellers agent should get 3% (if that) on the first 100k, and then 1% on the balance over 100k.

Home will be in the 360k-380k range.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Who did you use?
Ever try the 1% guys?
Redfin?
For Sale by owner?

Please PM me some details and advice finding a company or realtor...

thanks in advance
You mean the real estate troll who uses this site as a farming tool hasn't contacted you yet?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:33 PM

209 posts, read 265,094 times
I highly recommend Redfin. I always used their site to look at homes, but then had my regular real estate agent take me to the homes I liked. Finally my wife and I were enticed by the lower commission they take and gave them a call. We have since sold a home and purchased a home with them, and honestly we can't imagine using a traditional real estate agent again.

Since you are selling they include the professional photos and 3-d mapping of your home for free. They take less commission, and only give the buying agent 2-2.5%. They also pay for your home to be professionally cleaned before selling. You can monitor all of the showings of your home on their website too because the lock box on the door records everything and posts it for you to see. At least give them a call and have their representative come to your home and give you their presentation. The services they provide are unmatched and all for significantly less money than a traditional agent. And I have no affiliation with Redfin or anyone in the real estate market.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:11 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,057,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrees View Post
I highly recommend Redfin. I always used their site to look at homes, but then had my regular real estate agent take me to the homes I liked. Finally my wife and I were enticed by the lower commission they take and gave them a call. We have since sold a home and purchased a home with them, and honestly we can't imagine using a traditional real estate agent again.

Since you are selling they include the professional photos and 3-d mapping of your home for free. They take less commission, and only give the buying agent 2-2.5%. They also pay for your home to be professionally cleaned before selling. You can monitor all of the showings of your home on their website too because the lock box on the door records everything and posts it for you to see. At least give them a call and have their representative come to your home and give you their presentation. The services they provide are unmatched and all for significantly less money than a traditional agent. And I have no affiliation with Redfin or anyone in the real estate market.

Was there a particular Redfin office you used? Please pm me the details. Thanks

Old 07-21-2021, 11:01 AM

422 posts, read 1,086,921 times
Renewing thread... I want to list a 2 Master Bedrooms, 2 Baths, attached garage, 1108 sq ft condo in SW and seeking same, current, information. I hear it's a seller's market so I'd like to avoid usual 6% commission without giving up any services. I'd also like to work with someone who has a network of quality handymen/craftsmen.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:23 PM

1,086 posts, read 751,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhateme View Post
Renewing thread... I want to list a 2 Master Bedrooms, 2 Baths, attached garage, 1108 sq ft condo in SW and seeking same, current, information. I hear it's a seller's market so I'd like to avoid usual 6% commission without giving up any services. I'd also like to work with someone who has a network of quality handymen/craftsmen.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
So you want full service for a discount price on a modest valued property?

I am not a Realtor so won't speak for them. However, in my experience you get what you pay for. I would just pay 5% and be done with it. Don't overthink it. Most Realtors will accept 5% even on a modest valued condo. Find someone good, preferably a neighborhood expert, and get it sold. I truly believe some people are so worried about saving money on their realtor that they lose money elsewhere in the deal... but they never know so think they came out ahead.

GLWS.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:38 PM

273 posts, read 209,820 times
I have any issues using a 1% realtor.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-21-2021 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Can only make a realtor recommendation via DM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas