Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 01:14 PM

32 posts, read 93,290 times

Advertisements

what is the price per acre of residential land going for in the southwest area.(jones & serene)? will this area develop quickly after city center comes online? thanx for all responses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 01:38 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,855,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by know_bettor View Post
what is the price per acre of residential land going for in the southwest area.(jones & serene)? will this area develop quickly after city center comes online? thanx for all responses
It depends. I am seeing some 1/2 acre lots in small (4-6 unit) subdivisions going for $350K or more. I am also seeing raw (no entitlements) land going for $450K per acre. I can't comment on the timeline of development, not without basically throwing a wild guess out there. I will say that land financing is becoming increasingly difficult to acquire, as is construction financing. I've witnessed 2 lenders that were my go to's for such transactions pull back and eliminate their construction to permanent programs. It is almost impossible to find financing for spec construction.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:10 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
That area is Clark County with split up zoning. Some of it is planned for 8 per acre others for 3.5. Much is still zoned RE. Couple of big BLM pieces with Pubilic Faciliites zoning...generally means a school. One Family operation controls a big hunk of it. I would presume eventually moderate density homes.

I would not go past 300K an acre in the area for low density housing... sales have been as high as 350K or 400K last summer but I would not go anywhere near that at the moment. A good buy would be at 225K or so.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:48 PM

thank you for your reply. there are two, 2.5 acre parcels listed (jones & oleta, jones & serene) asking 600 to 700 per acre. are they that far off in their asking price? I would like to pick up a parcel in the area

Old 03-24-2008, 07:09 PM

There are three kinds of property in that area. Commercial/Lt. Manufacturing, 8 units per acre and 3.5 units per acre.

I am not competent on the commercial/lt manufacturing. Have to find a commercial guy. I could find out but that would be work and I am not getting paid.

8 units per acre might go to 500K. Not 700K. That is last years price.

The 3.5 or 2 per acre stuff should be under 300K. Well under for a deal.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:10 PM

thank you for your reply. Is the process of changing the density per acre on raw land a difficult one?

Old 03-27-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
thank you for your reply. Is the process of changing the density per acre on raw land a difficult one?

If the master plan is for the higher density it is generally reasonably easy...that is if the master plan is now 3.5 per acre but it is zoned for 2 the change is easy. If however it is planned for 3.5 and you want 8 it is a major battle even if there is 8 per acre across the street. More of these will be lost then won.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:12 PM

does the master plan come up for review, after a number of years, if the area has not been completly developed? The area north of southern highlands east of jones is where i am considering.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
does the master plan come up for review, after a number of years, if the area has not been completly developed? The area north of southern highlands east of jones is where i am considering.
Master plans are on a five year cycle. They are basically untouchable for some period than a set of work shops begin leading to an update. The NW (Lone Mountain) plan is currently in the update cycle.

Note though that areas that have any significant amount of existing homes are unlikely to change much. Basically the existing home owner is protected from any radical change in the immediate area. Areas with few or no homes may get modified but if there are residences within a quarter mile it is unlikely to happen Boundary areas are subject to pressure and may change slowly over the plan cycles. But basically the residents often understand all this. In the SW there is an organization called SWAN that pays a lot of attention to the process.

So be very careful about buying property based on a plan change. In fact by it with the zoning change a condition and let the existing owner fight it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas