Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 02:54 PM
EA EA started this thread

6,791 posts, read 7,133,496 times

Advertisements

I posted this to narrow down the selection. I know there is a huge market of this stuff. I figured someone else on this forum would need to self medicate and have a product and or location to buy it at they could tell me.
Looking through all the products is pointless. I have no idea what this stuff does, which is better, which is worse. What treats what etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 03:30 PM

496 posts, read 366,888 times
https://thesourcenv.com/dispensary-menu/

Old 09-26-2017, 06:21 PM

2,565 posts, read 2,748,783 times
Probably someone at the dispensary could help you with all that.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:03 AM

779 posts, read 474,126 times
It can be bought on amazon.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:50 AM

250 posts, read 230,455 times
Shango is near you.
cbd oil (with a dropper) $35-50 (30 day supply) if I remember correctly.
it's ok..but a little thc with the cbds seems to work better for my wife. I also bought her a large chocolate bar movie size and it lasted well more than a month probably two, I think it was $40.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:30 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,772,730 times
I went to Apothecarium. Got two types; one
Quote:
high in thc/low in cbd
and one
Quote:
high in cbd/low in thc
Apparently there has to be some thc in the mix to "activate" the cbd. Both are tinctures. I've used each alone and then mixed them as recommended. (1ml of each or 2ml of one). Both are 30ml bottles with a dropper, like ear drop bottles.

Got a very very slight buzz from the high cbd, but nothing that would stop me from driving. Much less effect than a couple of beers. Definitely got high on the high thc. Something I'll use when things get real bad as it seemed (seemed being the key) to kill the pain better. It's a stay home solution. They taste like mint, sorta.

Can't recall exactly what each cost, but the total for the two was $130. I got a couple of discounts - one as, I think, a first-time customer. The other? Dunno. With the discounts it totalled $99. I got one point per dollar and was told when I reached 500 points I would get a $55 credit. Considering how quickly I go through this type of medicine. I'll die before I get that credit.

Does it work? Well... yes. And no. It worked well a couple of times, but tonight I'm having a particularly rough time with the right shoulder, arm and hand. I popped my rotator cuff last Thursday and have been paying for it. Until tonight things worked quite well, but it's worse so the relief is not quite as good. I probably need to up the dosage a bit. I was told experimentation is key because everyone reacts differently to the cbd.

A ha ha edit: I guess i jumped the gun. In just the last few minutes it kicked in and the pain is almost completely gone.

The Apothecarium is a nice place. I had to wait outside for a few minutes as they only allow 'x' number of people inside at a time. You go into a lobby and sit until your name is called. Place is clean and neat, and the employees are too.

Edit: These are tinctures, which is in liquid format. You fill the dropper and squirt the liquid under your tongue. Keep it there for at east 90 seconds. I usually leave it there for a few minutes or as long as I can, whichever is the longest.

The word for under the tongue is sublingual. Sublingual. Love that word.

Quote:
sub·lin·gual

səbˈliNGɡwəl

adjective

situated or applied under the tongue.
denoting a pair of small salivary glands beneath the tongue.

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 09-27-2017 at 10:43 PM..

Old 09-27-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
So my wife has bad migraines and nausea. I had gotten her some weed chocolate a while back. She'd take small bits and it helped. But it made her high and she doesn't like that. So I need something like cbd that doesn't make her high but relieves the pain and nausea. I also need it to not cost a fortune as this might be a life long thing. I paid 40 dollars for 4 small pieces of chocolate. I get that taxes and such add to the cost, but 40 bucks for that little bit is excessive. However, I do thing it was just that particular store.
I would just look it up on various store websites but I am fairly ignorant when it comes to marijuana. All I really know is it smells like skunks farting on a tire fire. I know some of you self medicate and surely have the requisite knowledge. If so, please share where to buy and what to buy.

Thanks.
You forgot the mattress in that fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Yeah I am looking for pills or edibles. I will not buy her weed to smoke. I can not tolerate that smell. And she doesn't want to smoke it anyway.
Personally I do not like being high, at all, even when it's properly prescribed medication. I like my mind being clear.

That said, and this is off topic, I have considered micro dosing lsd. Not to trip, but apparently it increases focus and clarity. Focus is something I lack. My brain races around so much I have a hard time keeping it on track.
cbd just might help. Get a tincture instead of smoking. It works (fairly) fast.

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 09-27-2017 at 10:44 PM..

Old 09-28-2017, 08:12 PM

250 posts, read 230,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

You sound like one of the budtenders lol.

ea, I neglected to mention that there are several several ways to ingest that CBD or THC, the oil I bought can be put under the tongue "sublingual" As Tec said, you can put it in your water in your coffee, your sports drink, morning smoothie, what have you. You can also Vape it. don't buy The Vape things from the pot shop go to a regular head shop and buy a $30 vape pen. They have loads and loads of different flavors and combinations of CBD to THC that you can load in this little pen and puff.( we haven't gone there shroud yet but have tested my cousins wife likes it).
My newbie advice to you is be careful with edibles the budtenders say that x amount is a good starting point but if you don't partake regularly it's just plain not. my wife took half the recommended one square of chocolate bar and was feeling no pain and giggly as hell, said it snuck up on her and then lasted for hours and hours and hours. She has since settled into about what the budtender recommended.
Bottom line we are very new at this but I would recommend a giant chocolate bar and microdosing.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:42 PM

2,565 posts, read 2,748,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I went to Apothecarium. Got two types; one and one Apparently there has to be some thc in the mix to "activate" the cbd. Both are tinctures. I've used each alone and then mixed them as recommended. (1ml of each or 2ml of one). Both are 30ml bottles with a dropper, like ear drop bottles.

Got a very very slight buzz from the high cbd, but nothing that would stop me from driving. Much less effect than a couple of beers. Definitely got high on the high thc. Something I'll use when things get real bad as it seemed (seemed being the key) to kill the pain better. It's a stay home solution. They taste like mint, sorta.

Can't recall exactly what each cost, but the total for the two was $130. I got a couple of discounts - one as, I think, a first-time customer. The other? Dunno. With the discounts it totalled $99. I got one point per dollar and was told when I reached 500 points I would get a $55 credit. Considering how quickly I go through this type of medicine. I'll die before I get that credit.

Does it work? Well... yes. And no. It worked well a couple of times, but tonight I'm having a particularly rough time with the right shoulder, arm and hand. I popped my rotator cuff last Thursday and have been paying for it. Until tonight things worked quite well, but it's worse so the relief is not quite as good. I probably need to up the dosage a bit. I was told experimentation is key because everyone reacts differently to the cbd.

A ha ha edit: I guess i jumped the gun. In just the last few minutes it kicked in and the pain is almost completely gone.

The Apothecarium is a nice place. I had to wait outside for a few minutes as they only allow 'x' number of people inside at a time. You go into a lobby and sit until your name is called. Place is clean and neat, and the employees are too.

Edit: These are tinctures, which is in liquid format. You fill the dropper and squirt the liquid under your tongue. Keep it there for at east 90 seconds. I usually leave it there for a few minutes or as long as I can, whichever is the longest.

I'm going to this place tonight. It seems to be the closest to my home.

I'm having extreme pain in my neck and shoulder area so I thought I might try the CBD.
I talked to them on the phone and it seems like they have many options.

The doctors these days don't want to give us anything for pain so I'm hoping this works.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I'm going to this place tonight. It seems to be the closest to my home.

I'm having extreme pain in my neck and shoulder area so I thought I might try the CBD.
I talked to them on the phone and it seems like they have many options.

The doctors these days don't want to give us anything for pain so I'm hoping this works.
I hope you get as much relief from using it as I do.

Try the emergency room. My wife was having extreme pain in her neck and her doc was out of town. Doc in the ER gave her a bunch of stuff. Hydrocodone, a muscle relaxer, a pain killer in a big patch to put on the area (Lidocaine?), and another I can't remember. She likes the ER.

And it solved the problem - after a couple of days. It was bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: