Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 01:51 PM

621 posts, read 539,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasfan1985 View Post
Got offered the second job I interviewed for today. Still waiting to here on the other. Will have to make a decision by Monday.
Some of the grumps on here will refuse to believe that someone could find a job in Las Vegas. They claim there aren't any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 02:09 PM

799 posts, read 710,194 times
Congrats on the job, and the move.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:48 PM

265 posts, read 205,309 times
So the first job didn't hire me. Truly beyond surprised. The wages were similar. They're both full time.

I started applying for jobs 3 to 4 weeks before I came out here. I start the other job this week. It's above the low wage jobs many talk about here.

I'm now looking at a property to buy I like and also looking at rentals. Probably will be at my friend's house another 3-4 weeks and then out of here.

Start applying before you come here. Send out as many as you can and if you're living with someone, put a Las Vegas address. Also study a ton of local Las Vegas trends before interviews. That helped.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpypotpie View Post
Some of the grumps on here will refuse to believe that someone could find a job in Las Vegas. They claim there aren't any.
Everybody's circumstance is different. But it's probably jobs that don't pay enough. If you're a single person, you can make it. If you aren't a single person, it will be tough.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:46 AM

6,386 posts, read 11,908,707 times
Quote:
Everybody's circumstance is different. But it's probably jobs that don't pay enough. If you're a single person, you can make it. If you aren't a single person, it will be tough.
Or you can be a couple and both get jobs. What a concept! The grumps want a similar job to what they had in Timbuktu with same or better pay. If they don't get it well that's the fault of the city for being just plain mean to them...

I tried that logic with housing, moved to more expensive places than Vegas and said I want the house I had and want to pay the same price. So far it's not working out thanks to the mean people who "run" real estate

Old 08-15-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Or you can be a couple and both get jobs. What a concept! The grumps want a similar job to what they had in Timbuktu with same or better pay. If they don't get it well that's the fault of the city for being just plain mean to them...

I tried that logic with housing, moved to more expensive places than Vegas and said I want the house I had and want to pay the same price. So far it's not working out thanks to the mean people who "run" real estate
If both people work and control their spending habits, anything is possible anywhere.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:12 PM

I need your help guys. I'm starting work on Thursday. The zip code is 89106. I've looked at all the Downtown apartments and I don't like any of them. I wish that new Fremont9 was opening up next month, but it's not.

If anyone has any suggestions on any units within 5 miles of 89106, rent no higher than 900 a month, I'd greatly appreciate it. Place must allow cats. My friend lives on the other side of town and I will be getting a car one day, just not now.

I don't have the same money issues other people have and have lots of friends who can take me to the grocery store, other errands and have no major debts. So if I spend a few hundred dollars a month on lyft or Uber, I'm ok with that. I'm basically a debt free American with five figures in savings, a great credit score and a high credit limit I never use exccept to pay all my monthly bills. I'm in my early 30s. No children.

Last edited by vegasfan1985; 08-15-2017 at 06:36 PM..

Old 08-18-2017, 12:20 AM

First day of work went well. I love the people I work with. Unlike my last job in my last state, I'm actually working for people who work hard and care about their lively hood. Still trying to find a place.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:32 AM

5,026 posts, read 7,472,735 times
Good for you OP!

Old 08-18-2017, 10:46 AM

15,881 posts, read 14,529,165 times
Try Desert Manor, down town. Cheap and crappy, but you'll survive and save money.

Do you have a car?

Quote:
I need your help guys. I'm starting work on Thursday. The zip code is 89106. I've looked at all the Downtown apartments and I don't like any of them. I wish that new Fremont9 was opening up next month, but it's not.

If anyone has any suggestions on any units within 5 miles of 89106, rent no higher than 900 a month, I'd greatly appreciate it. Place must allow cats. My friend lives on the other side of town and I will be getting a car one day, just not now.

I don't have the same money issues other people have and have lots of friends who can take me to the grocery store, other errands and have no major debts. So if I spend a few hundred dollars a month on lyft or Uber, I'm ok with that. I'm basically a debt free American with five figures in savings, a great credit score and a high credit limit I never use exccept to pay all my monthly bills. I'm in my early 30s. No children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas