Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 05:12 PM

882 posts, read 691,010 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I did a search on threads regarding restaurants in Vegas but didn't see one that was specific to Sushi. A restaurant named Oyshi was recommended to me, but I thought I'd get some other ideas also.

I'm going to be in town this weekend and would love to hear some suggestions from locals. I'm not with the Mrs. and would simply like to find a moderately priced place (off strip is fine as I will have a car). I did take my wife to Yellowtail at the Bellagio last time. Yes, it was delicious but I also felt like they flipped me upside down to get all the money out of my pockets before they allowed me to leave (think we dropped $180 on dinner). I'm not that much of a foodie that I need to repeat that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. In all likelihood, I will be doing pick up and bringing it back to my hotel (so don't really need an AYCE place).

P.S. I have a bit of an aversion to buffets as I find they tend to be overpriced now and the food quality tends to be pretty average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 05:30 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,821,957 times
Yonaka, Sushi Hiro, Hiroba, Soho

These all get 4.5* on Yelp and I agree with those ratings

I'm sure there are lots of others but those are some of eaten at and can recommend

Old 06-09-2017, 08:14 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,065,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Hey guys,

I did a search on threads regarding restaurants in Vegas but didn't see one that was specific to Sushi. A restaurant named Oyshi was recommended to me, but I thought I'd get some other ideas also.

I'm going to be in town this weekend and would love to hear some suggestions from locals. I'm not with the Mrs. and would simply like to find a moderately priced place (off strip is fine as I will have a car). I did take my wife to Yellowtail at the Bellagio last time. Yes, it was delicious but I also felt like they flipped me upside down to get all the money out of my pockets before they allowed me to leave (think we dropped $180 on dinner). I'm not that much of a foodie that I need to repeat that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. In all likelihood, I will be doing pick up and bringing it back to my hotel (so don't really need an AYCE place).

P.S. I have a bit of an aversion to buffets as I find they tend to be overpriced now and the food quality tends to be pretty average.
I'm not sure if there is more than one Oyshi in Las Vegas, but I stopped by the one near my house once to check it out and the restaurant/menus were filthy and that was as much of that place as I saw.

I regularly go to 808 sushi in Rhodes Ranch. The food is good and the place seems to be clean. The decor is very plain though. This is more of an eat and run type of place, and it is also priced accordingly.

Both of the Yama Sushi's are decent, although I like the one in Chinatown better than the one on Flamingo.

Sushi Tomo near Trop & Topaz is decent as well, but located in a so-so neighborhood. It is slightly cheaper than Yama Sushi.

None of these places will get you even close to a $180 tab. Yama sushi is, I think, $23 - all you can eat and the others are similar, although you can order single items as well.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:30 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,411,610 times
You can of course hit the height of American Sushi - Nobu. Fusion but well done. Go there with SinL and stick him with the bill.

And I had a wonderous meal at the win when an old friend - A Phd material scientist of advanced years called me to come help him get rid of a large meal credit he had at the Wynn. We went to the Okada (Now renamed after the fall out of their disagreement) and went sushi first class. Actually had to stop the good Doctor when I though we were approaching his credit...something like $350. He had another $50 just to show off. Twas fun and a good place to do it.

Practically and in the NW SushiKo is fine. Not fancy or pretentious but I have not run into over age fish or anything I did not think reasonably well done. Simply a neighborhood joint but good. Corner of Craig and 95.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:46 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,590,593 times
We go to Sasa Sushi at the corner of Cheyenne and Buffalo. Nice clean place, price for dinner is $26 for AYCE. They know us there so that may be a determiner, but when we order nigiri the fish is a nice sized slice on a very small dollop of rice.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:25 PM

19 posts, read 16,772 times
I like Goyemon Sushi House - usually a wait but worth it!

Old 06-10-2017, 07:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,411,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvegas View Post
We go to Sasa Sushi at the corner of Cheyenne and Buffalo. Nice clean place, price for dinner is $26 for AYCE. They know us there so that may be a determiner, but when we order nigiri the fish is a nice sized slice on a very small dollop of rice.
We went there a couple of times when it first opened. But we can't deal with AYCE. It just breaks the karma. There should be some dialog and no haste. I just can't get into it. Same with the automated ones where you pick what you want off the plates going past. It works but I learned to eat the stuff in Tokyo...and even in the subway we would not do that.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:53 PM

238 posts, read 549,634 times
My current favorite is Sushi Neko on Spring Mountain Rd.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:02 PM

307 posts, read 268,962 times
Anyone ever been to Sushi Fever over on Sahara near the car dealerships?

Old 06-11-2017, 07:28 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,183,938 times
South of Tokyo, conveyor belt style with mostly locals partaking. For tuna, I'd stick with the Maguro, but every now and then I'd snag a Toro. All you can drink green tea, all you can eat ginger and wasabi. Jiro definitely wouldn't dream of this place - but I loved going there, grabbing a stool, pouring a cup of ocha, setting up my soy and wasabi and ginger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: