Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 03:10 PM

110 posts, read 104,464 times

Advertisements

Finally, have the date set to move all our belongings from Orange County to our house in Vegas. Should I just get a U-haul or would some other truck rental company be better?

Plan to get everything boxed up and such ourselves, then get a couple day laborers from Homie D to load the heavy items into the truck.

Once in vegas was planning to use warrens homeworks to unload and move the large items upstairs etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 03:18 PM

209 posts, read 263,598 times
Depends on your budget and how much stuff you are taking. In SoCal, Best Moving Service will load up, deliver to Las Vegas the next day and unload for around $3000.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:25 PM

103 posts, read 120,040 times
No, U-pak is the cheapest. They will drop a semi trailer at your house, give you up to three days to pack it, pick it up and drop it here in Las Vegas where you can have up to three days to empty it. Go to their web site to get an estimate and it will save you tons of money

Old 05-03-2017, 09:51 PM

I was planning to drive the U-Haul myself. We don't need a semi. I think it will all fit in the largest U-Haul. We are selling most of our furniture dishes and so on which is all hand me down. Just 2 bedroom sets, couch, washer dryer, a couple of desks, and boxes of books and clothes. We have already taken several truck loads when we go to work on the new house. All we really need to move is the furniture. Smaller stuff like boxes can stay at the house in CA and just go in my pickup later as we still need to put it up for sale and will be living in CA for another 6 weeks after we take the furniture. Our budget is approximately zero since we are paying both mortgages lol.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRWalker View Post
No, U-pak is the cheapest. They will drop a semi trailer at your house, give you up to three days to pack it, pick it up and drop it here in Las Vegas where you can have up to three days to empty it. Go to their web site to get an estimate and it will save you tons of money
U-pac is 1750 dollars!

Uhaul is 750 that includes 2 helpers for 2 hours in CA and in Vegas. Probably 200 in gas. It will be around 1,000 probably.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:58 AM

472 posts, read 378,085 times
Check PODS. They were great for our move cross country and were the most economical. Pay a little extra, and you don't have to hassle with a rental truck company, pick up a truck, drive, pay for gas, worry about getting the truck returned, etc, etc. PODs drop off the container (size of your choice) and you can load it over the course of a few days to a week, they pick it up and drop it off right at your new door anywhere in america and you can unload at your leisure, when done they pick it up. You pack it, you lock it with your lock, and these things are build great and completely water proof, and not even a house plant was knock over in our travels.

They get a +1 when it comes to moving convenience.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:19 AM

209 posts, read 263,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeographyNerd View Post
I was planning to drive the U-Haul myself. We don't need a semi. I think it will all fit in the largest U-Haul. We are selling most of our furniture dishes and so on which is all hand me down. Just 2 bedroom sets, couch, washer dryer, a couple of desks, and boxes of books and clothes. We have already taken several truck loads when we go to work on the new house. All we really need to move is the furniture. Smaller stuff like boxes can stay at the house in CA and just go in my pickup later as we still need to put it up for sale and will be living in CA for another 6 weeks after we take the furniture. Our budget is approximately zero since we are paying both mortgages lol.
I understand your situation more than you know. U-Haul is probably your best bet then. Sounds like you already did the homework and have drafted your plan, now just work the plan and get it done. And good for you for being smart enough to realize it's time to get out of SoCal. Hopefully you are getting a nice cash out on your property.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:28 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,859,367 times
Do yourself a favor and rent a Penske or Budget truck rather than U-haul.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:30 PM

4 posts, read 3,078 times
I moved from Orange County to Las Vegas about 8-9 months ago and went with Penske after pricing all the options, including both trucks and the various pod thingermajigs. Check online (or AAA if you have a membership) and you can usually find lower rates. Keep in mind that rates vary by date and increase quickly the closer to your move date.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:14 AM

687 posts, read 1,944,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Do yourself a favor and rent a Penske or Budget truck rather than U-haul.
I second the Penske
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: