Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 11:46 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,899,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Glad you are okay, Tekkie.
Thanks! Better than the alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
technically, mountain view was one of the hospitals that saved my life..

had kidney stones
rushed to mountain view
passed kidney stones
doc opted to do a ct scan to confirm passage
found aneurysm in my heart
met surgeon at summerlin, gave me 6 months without the surgery
had surgery 7/22/13
i'm still here...
Gotta love serendipity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 05:10 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,393,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Angiogram.

Pretty short visit. In at 8:30, out at 3:30. Results excellent.

I am a non-hospital person as a result of an illness at a young age. My comfort level is very low.

Everyone wass professional, courteous, and made me as comfortable as is possible. I was well cared for, and I give two thumbs for the entire stay.

And the meal I ordered, from a menu for heaven's sake, was delicious!
Thanks for the report. I also hate hospitals (even doctors' offices). But sometimes they're needed. Glad to know this one was good for you. Best of health to you.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:30 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,215,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
The procedure? Maybe 15-20 minutes on the table. The rest is check-in, prep, and making sure I don't pop the artery after.

Yes, I did!

It was quite the ride. I had everyone in OR laughing the whole time. Might as well have fun, right?

I have a strong aversion to hospitals so getting me into one isn't easy. It goes back to polio at age 4. I've never gotten over things I saw and experienced then.
Oh, goodness. Polio? We need you on the thread on a cd sub forum where the anti-vaccination crowd is having a field day saying that those childhood illnesses were no big deal and that vaccines should be avoided because they are scams from big pharma.

My former husband had a surgery at Mtn. View. He was so pissed that he was on a clear liquid diet, because he was starving post operatively and got ahold of that menu. Not your average hospital food, is it?

Old 09-30-2016, 01:00 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,899,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Oh, goodness. Polio? We need you on the thread on a cd sub forum where the anti-vaccination crowd is having a field day saying that those childhood illnesses were no big deal and that vaccines should be avoided because they are scams from big pharma.

My former husband had a surgery at Mtn. View. He was so pissed that he was on a clear liquid diet, because he was starving post operatively and got ahold of that menu. Not your average hospital food, is it?
1st: The food was as good as restaurant food.

2nd: I don't bother with arguing with anti-vaxers. They are stupid, ignorant, and uninformed. It's a waste of breath to argue since they aren't smart enough to understand what you are saying.

Quote:
Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult
Winning an argument with a stupid person is extremely difficult
Winning an argument with a know-it-all is impossible
Lines two and three pertain to them. Line one is reserved for those who are actually intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas