Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:45 PM

572 posts, read 1,686,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia B. View Post
Pilot--

Per my e-mail, here is a picture of what I was trying to explain about outdoor space. Hope this works... Pic was taken from the master bedroom on the second floor.

Julia - I know you're counting the days til you move to the West side of town... but I have to tell you, that view is incredible!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,337,989 times
Quote:
Pilot--

Per my e-mail, here is a picture of what I was trying to explain about outdoor space. Hope this works... Pic was taken from the master bedroom on the second floor.
Is that the LVMPD's mounted unit searching for human remains?

Old 02-23-2008, 12:03 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,320,665 times
sheriff, are you always so gloomy? Think positive for a change. You will probably feel better.

To the OP, I use Fetch pet sitting service, and they charge $20 a visit. Plus $75 for overnight from 6pm-9am. Maybe that would work for you when you are gone on your trips.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LafeSouthwestPilot View Post
I'm having a hard time trying to sort this out, so let me know if you guys have any ideas: (ole, you're a dependable resource, so I'm betting you'll chime in here)

I'm a single airline pilot with all my family in Ohio. I'm thinking of moving to Vegas because my seniority would be great = better schedule (besides that, I just can't hack the winter) . Problem is, I have an 8 year old black lab that is like my kid. Here's the conflict: I leave for three or four days at a time, so what do I do with "Speed", my lab, since there is no loving wife or children to tend to his care? I don't want to spend a thousand dollars a month on boarding, and besides that, I don't want to just throw him in a prison cell for 4 days until I get back. I'm sure I will make friends at church and such, and come to know good people that will be glad to keep him at their house while I'm gone, but that takes time, and friends with big yards.

And, how do I find a good rental with grass and a pool that Speed can swim in? I'm betting I'd ruffle a few feathers if I rented in a community and Speed was found swimming in the community pool.

Any quick ideas?

Thanks,
Lafe
Perhaps, a roomate that doesn't travel?

Old 02-23-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
sheriff, are you always so gloomy? Think positive for a change. You will probably feel better.

To the OP, I use Fetch pet sitting service, and they charge $20 a visit. Plus $75 for overnight from 6pm-9am. Maybe that would work for you when you are gone on your trips.
Very impressive, two riding horseback between block walls, surrounded by cracker-box houses---the wild, wild west.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 AM

159 posts, read 479,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Those are some funny looking dogs those guys are walking there, Julia
Hee-hee-hee...must be all the menudo those vaqueros are feeding them!

Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones978 View Post
Julia - I know you're counting the days til you move to the West side of town... but I have to tell you, that view is incredible!!
I know!!!!!!!!! I'm looking at it as I type. I will miss those mountains...and the MPs looking for dead bodies . Because of my bro, I need to be in a 'hood that's acessible by foot and MUCH closer to John's day-care center (3 miles one way as opposed to 15). Blah, blah, blah...you guys have heard it all from me ad nauseam.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LafeSouthwestPilot View Post
Thank you so much, everyone for your time and honesty here. All together, some excellent advice, and I appreciate each one...including/especially the brutal honesty. I knew I was asking a big [unrealistic] deal all at once here for ALL this to work out, but it's nice to bounce it around and hear all these great ideas. Not sure what I'll do, but leaving Speed at mom's for the short term might be the [undesirable] logical step.

Julia B., thanks for the picture of the neighbors "walking their dogs" , and I honor you for your selfless commitment to family. I will certainly consider taking over your house. I'm going to google maps right now to have a look.

Your friend,
Lafe
Hi, Lafe (great name, by the way!): I have a lot to do this morning and early afternoon, but afterward, I'll e-mail you more pics. Maybe I'll even post another one online so that Sheriff can give it a caption that will warm our hearts. And thanks for the picture. Speed has the shiniest coat I've ever seen! (And let me tell you, young women out there, if I were twenty years younger, I'd be staying here and asking Speed AND Lafe to move in. ) In the meantime, the zip is 89110, and I'll e-mail you the exact address, which I trust you won't broadcast (not that Ole Capt hasn't already figured it out!).

All the best,
Julia (short for "Julianne")

Old 02-23-2008, 12:30 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,536,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Very impressive, two riding horseback between block walls, surrounded by cracker-box houses---the wild, wild west.
damned tourists! They are 2 wannabe cowboys from New York!

Old 02-23-2008, 12:49 PM

572 posts, read 1,686,836 times
Quote:
I know!!!!!!!!! I'm looking at it as I type. I will miss those mountains...and the MPs looking for dead bodies . Because of my bro, I need to be in a 'hood that's acessible by foot and MUCH closer to John's day-care center (3 miles one way as opposed to 15). Blah, blah, blah...you guys have heard it all from me ad nauseam.

Juilia - completely understandable... I commend you for the willingness to make that sacrifice.. Your brother is very luck to have you around .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas