Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 12:23 PM

26 posts, read 26,280 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, firstly, sorry for my vocabulary, I'm French, 21 years old and I need to improve my English, so I'll try to do my best . I've already created a similar post but for myself, so I do another one but this time for this city and for my parents

So..We are French and really interesting to live in USA, we already go to Las Vegas but for Holidays, so we know that the life there is probably different from what we seen My parents look almost all days different pictures, videos, website etc..About there. They also take contact with a French estate agent there. I'd like to know your opinion about Henderson ? They are looking for this place and wanna go next September (For Hollidays) for 2 - 3 weeks. (And I'll probably go with them..:3). How is it to live there, to live in Las Vegas, all days in the year ? How is it to be American ?

We know that it's difficult to live there because of the visa, but we already think about this problem, and the best way for us is probably to create a company. What do you think about that ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 04:46 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,428,569 times
Bonjour:

Las Vegas is probably the best city in America to live for many, many reasons. Mostly, it is the weather, and the close proximity to so many wonderful things to do in the western United States. Henderson is a great location. I prefer Summerlin, or near Summerlin, because Henderson is a little hotter, a little wetter, and a little more congested with traffic and people. But, all of those things are really insignificant though when compared to most other cities of this size (2 million people in the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area).

Starting a business might be a good idea if you first do your research and see if it is needed and wanted here. Don't just guess. Way too risky to do that.

It might interest you to know that there are really a lot of French people in Las Vegas, especially in the entertainment industry.

Bonne Jourée. (That's about the extent of my Francais.)

Old 03-29-2016, 06:02 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,102,516 times
I like living here. I have lived all over the world, including 5 years in Grenoble. If you can take the heat in the summer, the rest of the year is almost perfect. And there is a lot to do here. Opening a business is a good idea. I hope you can work there too? Most jobs here are low pay and hard work so you would most likely be better off in the family business.

Put health insurance on your list of things to check out. It can be very expensive and I know it's a lot different here than in France.

Best of luck!

Old 03-29-2016, 09:58 PM

6,386 posts, read 11,923,326 times
Starting a business doesn't get you a resident visa. You still have to build a business that generates a number of jobs or you won't get a resident visa. You still for legal purposes will only be able to stay about half the year.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:33 AM

26 posts, read 26,280 times
Thanks for your answers Can you give me more informations about the locations around Las Vegas ? You talked about Summerlin ? What about there ? And what about others ?

If my parents open a business there, I'll probably get in too. if they create something, I want to help them

Willy, or someone else, for you guys, what is the best way for you to get a resident visa ?

Oh, and something else, my Brother got his resident visa in Australia since few weeks, he lives there with his girl friend since almost 2 years. We heard something about his visa there gives him a possibility to move in some places in USA (For ever if he wants, because of his visa). And with his Visa, I can be " link " with him because i am his brother (Something like that). Is someone know something about that ?

Old 03-30-2016, 06:44 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,526,159 times
You might want to post the questions related to immigration in this forum here at City-Data: https://www.city-data.com/forum/legal-immigration/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: