Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:21 PM

638 posts, read 2,245,772 times

Advertisements

I used to rent an apartment back there in a complex called the Village Green. They turned them into condos and changed the name to Monteray Bay, or something like that. Anyway, inside of the gates I felt very safe.

The surrounding area is a little shifty. Your closest grocery store will be Albertsons at the corner of Sahara and Maryland.... lots of strange people usually hang out around the streets there. Still, there is an awesome "classic Vegas" vibe I got living back there. The trees are tall and there is some nice shade back in there. Its maintained very well and it is very clean compaired to the surrounding area.

I have a feeling that a lot of the trash and filth around Karen avenue is going to be bulldozed soon. It cant last for long, not with all of the highend condos and highrises going up in that area. If you want a good central location its a good pick, but for that money, you could live in nicer areas of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 AM

2 posts, read 11,856 times
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]My husband signed himself and me up for a membership and not two months later his wallet and car keys were stolen from his locker in the facility!! He had a combination lock on the locker!! The person stole his truck from the lot and the employees wanted nothing to do with us after that. They even told us NOT TO CALL THE COPS!! They refused to let us call the police!! The cops and dispatcher said that you should always call the police from the location and as soon as possible. We had to call from our cell phone in the parking lot. While we waited for the police a few club members walking out and the clerk at the hotel next door told us this wasn’t the first time this had happened at that particular club (215/Flamingo). Needless to say that after this event we no longer felt safe and they still refuse to cancel our memberships!! This happened in March 2009 and they still won’t allow us to cancel. They complained that the card they had on file was denied for our automatic withdrawal, duh it was stolen from your facility!!!!!! The ABSOLUTE only way to cancel a membership at LVAC is to move more than 20 miles away from ANY of their facilities!! This is the ONLY WAY!! Call and ask them. DO NOT SIGN A MEMBERSHIP WITH THE LAS VEGAS ATHLETIC CLUB!! Unless you want to run the risk of being robbed and harassed by them calling EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!! Worst customer service in the world!! [/FONT][/SIZE]

Old 09-24-2009, 04:23 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,321,981 times
This folder is about Las Vegas Country Club, not Las Vegas Atheletic Club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas