Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 10:48 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,722,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Let's be fair -- Singapore is nowhere near as bad as N. Korea. They might get the [excrement] whipped out of them if they chew a stick of gum. But they're not all starving.

But let's face it, anyone holding Singapore up as an example is certainly voting for Trump.
I have family that lives in Singapore. They are there for work and if your a law abiding citizen you don't have to worry about anything. I grew up with another view of the world and came to the US for a better life and future. When people complain about how crime is so bad then sometimes I think justice is leaning the wrong way and the culture accepts it as the norm. I live here in America and I am have no intentions of leaving anytime soon. I applied for legal citizenship and have adopted american values. I am a law abiding and just trying to make an honest living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I've lived in a dozen police states. The worst part of living in a police state is not knowing if you're breaking the law or not. Singapore, for instance, used to beat the [excrement] out of people who chewed gum.

Thanks but no thanks. Police states suck. I don't want to see the US become one.
The US will never be a police state, the culture will never accept it. I don't think anyone has to worry about that.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:56 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,947,977 times
Smh

Old 03-21-2016, 11:39 PM

23,270 posts, read 29,133,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
Throwing a seasoned detective back on patrol is a waste of time, money and experience. Increasing police presence, decreasing response times etc looks great on the surface, however what you find is that those other cases, like major crime investigations, tend to get left. LVMPD has or had a fairly decent arrest and conviction rate, which now will be compromised. Bottom line resolution will be, more uniformed personnel to accommodate the population increase. Translated means higher taxes...watch the 3 percent tax freeze go away....

Throwing those guys in uniform is like putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound ...!
This is one city that can't continue to increase it's police force based on population increases, given so many of our communities in Las Vegas are in gated or guard-gated communities. For every guard-gated community, lay off X number of police officers!

But Metro doesn't want to hear that, they're headstuck on population ratio's! And, suckers that we are, we fall for it every time!

Old 03-22-2016, 10:28 AM

792 posts, read 1,303,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
This is one city that can't continue to increase it's police force based on population increases, given so many of our communities in Las Vegas are in gated or guard-gated communities. For every guard-gated community, lay off X number of police officers!

But Metro doesn't want to hear that, they're headstuck on population ratio's! And, suckers that we are, we fall for it every time!
Tj...I'm not sure I follow your thought process, and what gates have to do with it...could you explain ?

Old 03-22-2016, 10:39 AM

15,881 posts, read 14,529,165 times
Really? Have you seen what's been happening to the criminal justice / state security apparatus in this country since 9/11? And I think a lot of the country is demanding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
The US will never be a police state, the culture will never accept it. I don't think anyone has to worry about that.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:48 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,018,430 times
“When and if fascism comes to America it will not be labeled ‘made in Germany’; it will not be marked with a swastika; it will not even be called fascism; it will be called, of course, ‘Americanism'” -- The New York Times, 9-12-1938

Old 03-22-2016, 10:53 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,131,941 times
When police departments have tanks.....

Old 03-22-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Really? Have you seen what's been happening to the criminal justice / state security apparatus in this country since 9/11? And I think a lot of the country is demanding it.
When this happens, then It may start a second civil war. There are a lot of citizens who are also well armed.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:55 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,018,430 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: