Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:22 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,715,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You are very right about that AApool. I also took the time to go to Southern California to by both our cars and our RV. I bet it is also cheaper to register the vehicles there too. What are we...the 2nd highest car registration? Only Arizona is more I think. I gotta look that one up.
Actually when I moved from CA, my registration was lower here. Then the Govenartor repealed the Registration taxes and it went back to normal levels. My car insurance is also lower here in NV because I'm a home owner and I have a garage -- in CA, renter and no garage. My Honda Civic is $44 to register here in NV, and $39 in CA. My Truck is $96 here and $78 in CA.

If you need a car, SoCal is the place to buy em'. The only bad part is used cars tend to have high miles because of all the commuting people do in SoCal.

My gripe with CA is all the frikin' taxes I use to pay, you really dont see anything happen. My street was paved every 50 years and pot holes galore. Street lights would be out and street signs would be missing. Schools were terrible ( i use to work at a school district and the schools were built in the 1930s and falling apart, plus the teachers were all leaving because the cost of living, gangs in the schools..) I can go on and on!

Old 12-31-2007, 09:20 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,672,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Actually when I moved from CA, my registration was lower here. Then the Govenartor repealed the Registration taxes and it went back to normal levels. My car insurance is also lower here in NV because I'm a home owner and I have a garage -- in CA, renter and no garage. My Honda Civic is $44 to register here in NV, and $39 in CA. My Truck is $96 here and $78 in CA.

If you need a car, SoCal is the place to buy em'. The only bad part is used cars tend to have high miles because of all the commuting people do in SoCal.

My gripe with CA is all the frikin' taxes I use to pay, you really dont see anything happen. My street was paved every 50 years and pot holes galore. Street lights would be out and street signs would be missing. Schools were terrible ( i use to work at a school district and the schools were built in the 1930s and falling apart, plus the teachers were all leaving because the cost of living, gangs in the schools..) I can go on and on!
You got that right about southern California. If I became wealty I would consider moving there, near the ocean. It is beautiful there. But what you said about the place deteriorating is right. California is so broke they can not afford to fix the roads. There are pot holes like I have not seen since living in the cold snowy winters of the northeast. Old schools in obvious disrepair.

It is sad. I love Dana Point which is where we always go. Nearby there is a beach for dogs only. The posted signs say NO LEASHES ALLOWED. That is my kind of place.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:35 PM

40 posts, read 113,900 times
Exactly how expensive is it to get license plates and your car registration, how do they figure it out, in Cleveland its $52 for plates, what am I going to expect when I move out there, we have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt... we paid approx $13,000 new Thanks

Old 05-24-2009, 01:48 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
Go to...

https://dmvapp.state.nv.us/VR_Estima...tionInput.aspx

Old 05-24-2009, 02:57 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,846 times
Thanks oleCapt, that DMV site was helpful. It's going to cost us less to register our vehicles in NV than it is to renew here in Arizona.

We have family in Cinncinnati, Ohio. My sister-in-law teaches at a school for autistic children there. She goes to national conferences all the time to speak about her specialty (music therapy) in special education and she said she hasn't heard anything positive come out of Clark County Schools, but also hasn't heard anything to negative either.

We are moving to Vegas soon, not by choice, and I'm praying that it all works out for our pre-school special needs child. We are leaving an awesome program here in the Vail School District.

If I had to choose (I don't get such choices) between Ohio or Vegas based on school districts, I would take Ohio in a heart beat. Now, weather wise I would hate Ohio, but you have to prioritize, what's more important to you.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:03 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1st View Post
Thanks oleCapt, that DMV site was helpful. It's going to cost us less to register our vehicles in NV than it is to renew here in Arizona.

We have family in Cinncinnati, Ohio. My sister-in-law teaches at a school for autistic children there. She goes to national conferences all the time to speak about her specialty (music therapy) in special education and she said she hasn't heard anything positive come out of Clark County Schools, but also hasn't heard anything to negative either.

We are moving to Vegas soon, not by choice, and I'm praying that it all works out for our pre-school special needs child. We are leaving an awesome program here in the Vail School District.

If I had to choose (I don't get such choices) between Ohio or Vegas based on school districts, I would take Ohio in a heart beat. Now, weather wise I would hate Ohio, but you have to prioritize, what's more important to you.
Pass the grain of salt. I moved my high school age daughters from a US top 50 high school in upstate NY to a surburban Los Angeles school. They all did fine. And the one who was a really good system manipulator was actually brought under control. I would think you willl do fine if you stay in the top 25 or so. Upper middle class schools are upper middle class schools...wherever they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas