Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2014, 10:43 AM

698 posts, read 986,368 times

Advertisements

Anyone know a place where I could take an old kegerator to be restored? If I was handy I'd do it but I'm not, nor do I have the time. I have all the new parts, just need it disassembled and put back together. The faux wood laminate stuff is peeling off to so I need that replaced or I'm considering ordering an NFL "wrap" for it that would need to be installed too.

I also have a garage with workbench in it so someone could come here and do the work too.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 11:09 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,998,833 times
As long as the compressor works, you could hire just about any handyman to do that for you. Or you could go to a bar known for craft beer, find out who maintains their draft system, and swing a deal with him or her. At least such a person is used to the faucets, lines and connections. The right person could get the job done in a matter of minutes.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:42 PM

Compressor works great. Just needs the old plumbing taken out and the new stuff I purchased (converting from single to dual tap) installed.

I've thought about a handyman but I've had issues with them. First one would show-up drunk. Second never showed-up and third didn't bother to check which direction my house was plumbed for my water softener ,hooked it up backwards and blew resin through all the pipes in my entire house. Not much luck with handymen . . .

Old 09-06-2014, 02:10 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,998,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qingguy View Post
First one would show-up drunk. Second never showed-up and third didn't bother to check which direction my house was plumbed for my water softener ,hooked it up backwards and blew resin through all the pipes in my entire house. Not much luck with handymen . . .
That's why I DIY most everything.

It should be a given that "handyman" means "vetted, sober, non-psychotic, competent handyman." You can find them from time-to-time.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
That's why I DIY most everything.

It should be a given that "handyman" means "vetted, sober, non-psychotic, competent handyman." You can find them from time-to-time.
I agree that it should be a given, but it doesn't seem to be. I either get the low or guys who charge what a plumber charges. Nothing in between

Old 09-10-2014, 12:23 PM

843 posts, read 2,217,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qingguy View Post
I agree that it should be a given, but it doesn't seem to be. I either get the low or guys who charge what a plumber charges. Nothing in between
Go to the local home brewing/winemaking/cheesemaking shop (I'm sure there's one down there) and check the bulletin board if they have one.. or just ask the shop keeper. You should be able to find a someone who's handy that also knows hot to properly plumb a kegerator, there's a lot that can go wrong and lead to terrible pours and there are a lot of tricks to resolve those problems...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas