Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:36 PM

351 posts, read 667,171 times

Advertisements

I'm 67 years old and I have been to Las Vegas a dozen times. I'm from the SF Bay Area, spent 10 years in Phoenix and the last year in NW Arkansaw. I'm Bored. I am buying a house here in Arkansaw and dump over $10K on the yard becasuse I don't have anything better to do and I'm the kind of person I just can't stay in one place very long. I figure I can go out for dinner, shows, and just hang out on the strip. As far a hot goes, I spent 10 years in Phoenix and all you do is go from your car to the store, movie, show, etc. and back. I'm lonely, bored, depressed, and have ants in my pants. I have a dog, Irish setter and am thinking of an apartment and sharing it with someone. I figure a grand apeace would be nice if I could get someone to go in with me. I'm just asking for some advice if this might be a good move for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 04:49 PM

427 posts, read 630,760 times
Buy a small motorhome and travel full time ..... that will eliminate your boredom!
There are many blogs written by people who have chosen this lifestyle. It's called fulltiming. Most are seniors who like the freedom to roam. Some have a home that go to for a few months a year but most live in their motorhomes or travel trailers year-round. They have solar power and often find forest service areas where they can park for free.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:52 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
Vegas is a fun place to be retired! Lots to do and the COL is reasonable.

But if you become easily bored I like longton52's idea. You, the dog, and a small motorhome.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:39 AM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
If we had the money, that's exactly what we would do.........travel! But, that's us.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:53 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,487,406 times
It could be good, it could be bad. Vegas can be a lot of fun. It also has a lot of ways for you to blow off all your money. If you think your boredom would lead you to spend your days sitting in front of a slot machine, I wouldn't do it. If you think you would make use of the non-gambling entertainment and outdoor attractions, then I would strongly consider it.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:24 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,680,050 times
You will meet a lot of fine quality ladies at the hiking meetups vs the strip women who are looking for sugar daddies.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:13 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,829,220 times
I would stay in NW Arkansas. The cost of living there is very low compared to Vegas. Sharing a room with a roommate probably isn't your cup of tea. If you are bored in Arkansas you will probably get bored in Vegas eventually unless you are into gambling or massage parlors. I know that the folks in Arkanasa are a lot more friendlier than Vegas and drive better to boot.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:21 PM

792 posts, read 1,302,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul62 View Post
I'm 67 years old and I have been to Las Vegas a dozen times. I'm from the SF Bay Area, spent 10 years in Phoenix and the last year in NW Arkansaw. I'm Bored. I am buying a house here in Arkansaw and dump over $10K on the yard becasuse I don't have anything better to do and I'm the kind of person I just can't stay in one place very long. I figure I can go out for dinner, shows, and just hang out on the strip. As far a hot goes, I spent 10 years in Phoenix and all you do is go from your car to the store, movie, show, etc. and back. I'm lonely, bored, depressed, and have ants in my pants. I have a dog, Irish setter and am thinking of an apartment and sharing it with someone. I figure a grand apeace would be nice if I could get someone to go in with me. I'm just asking for some advice if this might be a good move for me?
Why would anyone agree to split a rent payment of 1k a month, for the privilege of living with you and your dog....as a co-tenant most people would not be too anxious to sign on the line and assume partial liability for your dog....I think your expectations are skewed !

Old 08-02-2014, 04:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longton52 View Post
Buy a small motorhome and travel full time ..... that will eliminate your boredom!
There are many blogs written by people who have chosen this lifestyle. It's called fulltiming. Most are seniors who like the freedom to roam. Some have a home that go to for a few months a year but most live in their motorhomes or travel trailers year-round. They have solar power and often find forest service areas where they can park for free.
Some are too old to be on the open road with those motorhomes. Just saying.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:29 PM

427 posts, read 630,760 times
And there are 40 yr olds who shouldn't be on any road in any vehicle.

The OP is 67.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: