Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:08 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,679,431 times

Advertisements

Having two different percentages.

Did you think it was significant heat reduction with th 5% over the 10%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
Little to no enforcement.

My front windows were limo (5%). I never got pulled over for two years, but switched to 25% on front because I couldn't see anything at night. I got a few speeding tickets while my tint was illegal and it was never mentioned, even by motorcycle cops who only write traffic tickets all day.

In Utah the only police that actually had tint meters were highway patrol. Might be the same out here, but I've never heard of anyone getting a tint ticket here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 10:10 PM

158 posts, read 264,787 times
Dumb question maybe, but related - husband and I just got new (used) cars with tinted windows. How do we know what % they are so we can figure out which states will not ticket? I found a good site with the regs, just not sure which categories we fall into.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:12 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Your biggest problem might be when you go to California. They do enforce it there.
Oh yes. I can verify that. You can get away with very light tint but that's about it.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:14 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,313,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
Having two different percentages.

Slight difference, but we are talking about the shift knob burnt my hand a little less difference. You can go as dark on the back windows as you want legally, just the fronts are limited.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:21 AM

395 posts, read 1,081,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post
Oh yes. I can verify that. You can get away with very light tint but that's about it.
Just to clarify - are you saying CA cops are writing tickets to a car with NV plates for violation of the CA tint law?

That not only seems silly, but I suppose they should throw on a front licence plate violation on every car without one. While NV gives two licence plates not all states do.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:53 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,073,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
The amount of heat reduction is independent of the darkness of the tint (also called VLT, visible light transmission, reduction).

You can get a tint (Huber Optik, Air Blue, etc.) which stops a lot of heat but still lets a lot of light through. That's how they tint windshields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekwars2000 View Post
Just to clarify - are you saying CA cops are writing tickets to a car with NV plates for violation of the CA tint law?

That not only seems silly, but I suppose they should throw on a front licence plate violation on every car without one. While NV gives two licence plates not all states do.
Yup, as crazy as it sounds, you're responsible to conforming to the laws of where you're doing, not where you're from.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:07 AM

930 posts, read 1,818,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
did you see anyone get busted for fireworks OP?

Officers have better things to do......
Rapper Flavor Flav runs afoul of Las Vegas fireworks law

Rapper Flavor Flav runs afoul of Las Vegas fireworks law | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Old 07-06-2014, 12:25 PM

176 posts, read 264,499 times
Anyone have any recommendations on where to get tinting? Preferably a place that uses Llumar, Formula One, Huper.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:33 PM

111 posts, read 134,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
Little to no enforcement.

My front windows were limo (5%). I never got pulled over for two years, but switched to 25% on front because I couldn't see anything at night. I got a few speeding tickets while my tint was illegal and it was never mentioned, even by motorcycle cops who only write traffic tickets all day.

In Utah the only police that actually had tint meters were highway patrol. Might be the same out here, but I've never heard of anyone getting a tint ticket here.
About a year ago, I was pulled over for a speeding ticket in Utah on 15 near Fillmore. It was the local police, not the highway patrol. He had the tint meter, and I received a ticket both for speeding and for tint that was greater than allowed in my home-state of auto registration (Nevada).

Old 07-06-2014, 01:59 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,860,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyToasty View Post
Anyone have any recommendations on where to get tinting? Preferably a place that uses Llumar, Formula One, Huper.
Eco-Tint installs Llumar primarily, but I think they will do 3M Crystalline on request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: