Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 11:51 PM

393 posts, read 506,516 times

Advertisements

South Point is a great hotel to relax in. The pool is very nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 12:08 AM

224 posts, read 530,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
May be something of an unconventional answer but...

The Hard Rock? The pool is certainly nice enough. And there will be eye candy. Stayed there once and wasn't wild about the room. But they've since built a new tower.

One other benefit: If you decide you want to hit The Strip, you can do so quickly and cheaply, compared to Red Rock or GVR.
I consider Hard Rock part of the strip, great resort though and one of my favorites, plenty of debauchery

Old 06-15-2014, 12:24 AM

550 posts, read 642,732 times
Red Rock!

Old 06-15-2014, 10:32 AM

15,971 posts, read 14,667,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
I consider Hard Rock part of the strip
Having stayed there, it really isn't. The fact that you can't just walk out of the resort and be on the strip makes it off strip. It's either a long walk or a cab ride to get to the strip. Other then fairly normal suburban retail and a few restaurants. It's back there on it's own.
Quote:
great resort though and one of my favorites, plenty of debauchery
It's always nice to have that available.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:59 PM

700 posts, read 1,337,559 times
Quote:
Having stayed there, it really isn't. The fact that you can't just walk out of the resort and be on the strip makes it off strip. It's either a long walk or a cab ride to get to the strip. Other then fairly normal suburban retail and a few restaurants. It's back there on it's own.

It's always nice to have that available.
I think for locals that fact that it's in the resort corridor, there are many high profile concerts, heavy traffic on the weekends, artificially exclusive atmosphere, and no price drop off compared to other off strip resorts, we consider it part of the strip even though it isnt actually on LVB (considering it's only a block away).

Old 06-15-2014, 01:09 PM

13,027 posts, read 13,984,294 times
Don't forget the M.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,233,095 times
Don't forget the Suncoast. It's in a pretty part of town, near shopping, and there's a bus from the airport.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sunc...x-a&channel=sb

Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 PM

15,971 posts, read 14,667,640 times
The time I stayed there, I get cheap midweek rates. The coffee shop had decent specials, and I had to drive to get to the strip (and the traffic on Paradise and Harmon, never seemed bad.) So, for me as a tourist, it seemed off strip.

I guess it depends which way you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoknite View Post
I think for locals that fact that it's in the resort corridor, there are many high profile concerts, heavy traffic on the weekends, artificially exclusive atmosphere, and no price drop off compared to other off strip resorts, we consider it part of the strip even though it isnt actually on LVB (considering it's only a block away).

Old 06-15-2014, 08:17 PM

700 posts, read 1,337,559 times
Quote:
The time I stayed there, I get cheap midweek rates. The coffee shop had decent specials, and I had to drive to get to the strip (and the traffic on Paradise and Harmon, never seemed bad.) So, for me as a tourist, it seemed off strip.

I guess it depends which way you look at it.
Most places on the strip have everything you mentioned minus the drive...

Old 06-16-2014, 12:20 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,608,099 times
Green Valley Ranch has 3 pools, one in the spa area, one main pool, and and hip area called "The Pond". The main pool gives you free umbrellas although there is a limited supply so get there early. Just left there in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: