Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 09:05 PM

251 posts, read 300,176 times

Advertisements

If I were looking to get into the dating scene, this topic is disappointing considering I just moved from a trash town (i call the Wastelands) where the dating scene is trash. If you're a guy, a lot of women were just unappealing personality wise. Unless you're dealing drugs, beating women or just plain rotten, your chances were reduced to almost nothing. If you're a woman, and into the what I just mentioned, you got it made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 10:55 PM

255 posts, read 452,728 times
I think it's your approach to meeting women. Do you want a quality relationship that may lead to more, or do you just want to have fun and date? You need to get that straight with yourself before you try to find someone. There are good women everywhere. You just have to get past the stereotypes in your head. Most good women are looking for quality men that are open to building a serious relationship with. If all you are looking for is a good time, well you reap what you sow. Women pick up on your vibe and if you are not what they are interested in finding, you're out.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedlady View Post
I think it's your approach to meeting women. Do you want a quality relationship that may lead to more, or do you just want to have fun and date? You need to get that straight with yourself before you try to find someone. There are good women everywhere. You just have to get past the stereotypes in your head. Most good women are looking for quality men that are open to building a serious relationship with. If all you are looking for is a good time, well you reap what you sow. Women pick up on your vibe and if you are not what they are interested in finding, you're out.
Not sure if you're talking to me or not. If so then I never generalized, and there are truths to every stereotype (assuming I'm stereotyping). Also I think I would know what's going on around town by listening and experience. I would say most women are NOT looking for quality men, hence why they keep picking the ones they do, then complain there isn't any. My mom had the same problem, dating idiot after idiot yet saying she wants a good man. All of them had about 2 things in common, abusive and addiction.
If you're not talking to me, then never mind.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:24 PM

255 posts, read 452,728 times
No I wasn't talking to you or anyone else in particular. And you are correct in saying that some women keep picking losers. I hadn't really thought about that. Maybe I just don't run into people like the ones some of you are encountering.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:20 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,174,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corijei View Post
If I were looking to get into the dating scene, this topic is disappointing considering I just moved from a trash town (i call the Wastelands) where the dating scene is trash. If you're a guy, a lot of women were just unappealing personality wise. Unless you're dealing drugs, beating women or just plain rotten, your chances were reduced to almost nothing. If you're a woman, and into the what I just mentioned, you got it made.
So, you left another part of the country with a "trashy" dating scene then come to Vegas with the same experience?

Where are you meeting these women?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:53 AM

38 posts, read 35,899 times
If you keep getting together ONLY with your girlfriends and don't give men the time of day, like usually happens in Vegas, then yes, it will be hard to find a man if that's what you're looking for.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
So, you left another part of the country with a "trashy" dating scene then come to Vegas with the same experience?

Where are you meeting these women?
I just moved here a month ago and haven't tried dating yet. From my personal experience, maybe I'm just bad with women, not attractive, or whatever. I won't put the blame totally on them for why things don't go to the next level with me. I know one thing that turned quite a few off from me is when they find out I don't want kids.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:17 PM

200 posts, read 271,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corijei View Post
I just moved here a month ago and haven't tried dating yet. From my personal experience, maybe I'm just bad with women, not attractive, or whatever. I won't put the blame totally on them for why things don't go to the next level with me. I know one thing that turned quite a few off from me is when they find out I don't want kids.
I got 99 problems, all ***** related.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:41 PM

168 posts, read 212,769 times
Maybe for nobody with ties...that is the only way I can see "dating" problems.

Im a 26 yr old male and was born and raised here. It's all about going to the right local places and hanging in the right crowds.
Whoever said that they only want your wallet here? You're probably burning too much money on the strip already.

I have no problems trying to meet all kinds of different women. Mostly through friends and I also have sisters age 24 and 29. =D
From students to cocktail waitresses/lifeguards to devoted church members going on week long missions in 3rd world countries.

I been out of that game just because I started my career 2 years ago and had built up debt. Paid everything off. Mid 700 credit score. Nice truck paid off and low miles. Now trying to buy a home. I figured dating would hinder my goals so opted for graveyard shift and terrible weekdays off.
However, once I land my bachelor pad and am ready for some commitments...I don't think I'll have any problems finding talent out there.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:15 PM

469 posts, read 399,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstersizin View Post
However, once I land my bachelor pad and am ready for some commitments...I don't think I'll have any problems finding talent out there.
"Talent"? You mean hookers? I'm sure they would be interested in your "bachelor pad." Other kinds of women, maybe not so much with that attitude. What are "some commitments?" As in committing to more than one woman? Seriously. Not sure if you are just being flip or if this is your real attitude, but if it is you will attract a bunch of gold diggers or women who like being with an arrogant jerk who treats them badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: