Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:00 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrocktonBoxers View Post
The traffic in Henderson is getting worse every year, infrastructure is so so at best. They are packing that whole area in like rats. Spent 10 minutes going 800 ft going to LVAC the other day. One area close by that is better than anything in that whole valley. Come on realtors, give him the goods!!!!
I've only experienced what I would consider "traffic" this time of year on Stephanie and Eastern, the 2 largest shopping areas. Fortunately, there are so many other options, so we just don't go on those 2 streets during the holiday rush.

I am sure everyone has their own opinion of what "bad traffic" would be to them, but I haven't seen anything that I would remotely consider "bad" anywhere in the valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 07:14 PM

22 posts, read 30,508 times
Some of those HOA and SID dues in Summerlin are kinda high!

Old 12-23-2014, 09:43 AM

15,870 posts, read 14,495,108 times
Where are they going to expand, out the back of Anthem, in Madiera and Inspirada? That traffic is going to dump west to LVB and I-15. Anything that's going to feed into I-215 is pretty much built out. And if you choose correctly, you can have two or three feeders into the 215, so you can avoid one that gets backed up.

On the other hand, I'd avoid anything that forces you to use Eastern into the 215. It's a given that will back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrocktonBoxers View Post
The traffic in Henderson is getting worse every year, infrastructure is so so at best. They are packing that whole area in like rats. Spent 10 minutes going 800 ft going to LVAC the other day. One area close by that is better than anything in that whole valley. Come on realtors, give him the goods!!!!

Old 12-23-2014, 10:20 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,680,830 times
So I moved here in May to Summerlin. I am starting to feel Henderson and 89074 is a better area for my family and I.

I have done a lot of running/biking in Henderson. The area feels more vibrant than Summerlin, nonetheless heavier in traffic.

I have a running route which takes me to five Starbucks checkpoints in case I need to use the restroom.

More commercial means more convenience. Henderson is indeed 5-10 degrees warmer than Summerlin.

I like the fact the schools are Henderson district and not part of Las Vegas like Summerlin.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:22 AM

15,870 posts, read 14,495,108 times
^
I while back I check the CC school rating site. IIRC five of the six top rated schools in the county were in Henderson.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
So I moved here in May to Summerlin. I am starting to feel Henderson and 89074 is a better area for my family and I.

I have done a lot of running/biking in Henderson. The area feels more vibrant than Summerlin, nonetheless heavier in traffic.

I have a running route which takes me to five Starbucks checkpoints in case I need to use the restroom.

More commercial means more convenience. Henderson is indeed 5-10 degrees warmer than Summerlin.

I like the fact the schools are Henderson district and not part of Las Vegas like Summerlin.
We're full

Old 12-23-2014, 11:49 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,680,830 times
I'll be full too eating at Pizza Rock @GLV.

I finished the 24" pie by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
We're full

Old 12-23-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
I'll be full too eating at Pizza Rock @GLV.

I finished the 24" pie by myself.
If they ever open.. It's been almost a year that they've had that spot walled off.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:23 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
If they ever open.. It's been almost a year that they've had that spot walled off.
Yeah, I thought that they were supposed to open in Sept. I keep saying I really want it to open so I can eat there, even though I have walked right past the downtown PR dozens of times. In fact I think I have even said: "Gee I really wish the GVR location would open so that I can try it" as I was walking right past the downtown location, as if I was for some reason prohibited from just walking in the door and ordering a pizza right then and there.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
Yeah, I thought that they were supposed to open in Sept. I keep saying I really want it to open so I can eat there, even though I have walked right past the downtown PR dozens of times. In fact I think I have even said: "Gee I really wish the GVR location would open so that I can try it" as I was walking right past the downtown location, as if I was for some reason prohibited from just walking in the door and ordering a pizza right then and there.
We will probably still frequent the downtown location, as I am assuming they won't have the $3/$5/$7 happy hour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas