Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 07:28 PM

236 posts, read 628,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhiJill View Post
Naked City Pizza on Arville. We went there last time we visited Las Vegas. Husband is originally from Montreal. Loved it. Hope this helps
Thanks APhiJill.

Most certainly appreciate the tip.

Will definitely check out. Review coming soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 01:27 PM

15 posts, read 31,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentmax View Post
Thanks APhiJill.

Most certainly appreciate the tip.

Will definitely check out. Review coming soon.
You're welcome. The pizza there is good too. The husband still raves about the pizza. We have yet to find decent pizza in Iowa
Lemme know how you like the poutine

Jill

Old 08-26-2014, 07:30 PM

30 posts, read 18,610 times
You can now get poutine fries at Ketchup Burger bar inside Planet hollywood. There's also a fancier poutine at Public House with duck meat. Naked City Pizza also has poutine.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:00 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,772,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APhiJill View Post
You're welcome. The pizza there is good too. The husband still raves about the pizza. We have yet to find decent pizza in Iowa
Lemme know how you like the poutine

Jill
The Tavern in West Des Moines if you like thin crust. Haven't been there since they sold it so I can't vouch for recent quality, but it used to win "best of" every year.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:10 PM

611 posts, read 952,934 times
Even our fast food outlets like A & W etc. sell poutine in Canada. You'd think they would be quite available in Las Vegas as it a delicious option over french fries!

Old 08-28-2014, 10:51 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,811,084 times
Having lived most of my life in upstate NY 21 miles from the border and 60 miles from Montreal and now living in LV Poutine was a given in NY. Cheese curds are quite common in that area just cross the border and many farms sell their cheese right from the barns and the cheeses are great. I preferred to make my own Poutine than store bought and another secret in Northern Maine by the border of course McDonalds have it on their menu another secret of theirs. So be careful how much of this stuff you eat it is high in the cholesterol count but a nice treat once in a while.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:04 PM

109 posts, read 303,427 times
i got my poutine fix in vancouver, canada.. they sell it everywhere. costco, burger king, mcdonalds, the keg, fritz. i ate at all those places and it was great. sad there is no poutine here..

i would suggest go to a mexican food restaurant and order CARNE ASADA FRIES and give it a try..

Old 08-28-2014, 04:39 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,401,749 times
My wife says we were going to try it in Montreal but didn't. I don't even remember it. Since it's kind of a regional dish, I doubt if you'll find many people around here that have ever heard of it. In fact I thought it was some New Orleans thing when I heard people were looking for it. The name sounds too much like the word teenaged boys once used for getting "lucky".

Gravy on fries sounds good, but I don't know about that kind of cheese. Sounds like those awful sticks of rubbery cheese my wife and dogs eat.

I thought steak frites must be good since it's French. Had some in Paris and it was like having a steak at McDonald's. I'm not usually hard to please, but gimme smashed taters and gravy instead.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:47 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,811,084 times
poutine can be made with any type of cheese but I suggest not American cheese no pun intended. Just make sure the FF are crisp not soggy I am sure many recipes are on the internet. Once you try it you will be hooked lol. OH! one other thing if you are in Montreal if you get a hot dog with everything on it expect coleslaw and they put that on their hamburgers also. Regional stuff

Old 08-29-2014, 10:30 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,772,730 times
^^ Beets on your burgers in Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: