Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 07:30 PM

687 posts, read 4,408,608 times

Advertisements

I don't know why everyone complains about power bills. Having a pool, a cooled backyard and a 71 degree cold house for 3 to 400 bucks a month is fine with me. Live and enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 08:00 PM

1,825 posts, read 5,320,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
Got an e-mail just a couple of hours ago letting me know that Solar City is (as of today) now doing business in Las Vegas / Henderson. Expect to see lots of green and yellow utility vans driving around. I immediately called and setup an appointment for an assessment of my Henderson home, which will happen tomorrow morning.

I have been a Solar City customer at my California home for 3 years now. Smartest thing I have ever done and I hope I am able to do business with them in Nevada as well.

It is nice getting electric bills of $.93 in August vs the August bill of $500-$600 I was getting before going solar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
Which plan did you select with Solar City in California? If it is one of the monthly payment plans, how much do you pay to Solar City, and what is the size of your system in kW? Do you know what brand of equipment they use? I also would be interested in knowing how your on-site assessment went with Solar City in Henderson. Was their initial proposal close to what the engineers determined on-site?
I'm also interested in how your visit went and what options you have. I'd prefer to go the owned route, but would lease if it made sense financially.

I keep waiting for the more efficient solar panels (from 2012?) to be produced at a large scale and drive the costs down. Still haven't seen it, but probably because demand is so high. (?)

Old 05-04-2014, 08:15 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,423,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
Which plan did you select with Solar City in California? If it is one of the monthly payment plans, how much do you pay to Solar City, and what is the size of your system in kW? Do you know what brand of equipment they use? I also would be interested in knowing how your on-site assessment went with Solar City in Henderson. Was their initial proposal close to what the engineers determined on-site?
In Calif we have a 5KwH system that is a 20 year lease. We put about 7.5K down and pay Solar City 40/mo. Total cost after 20 years will be about 17K. Initial payback estimate was 11-12 years but it looks now like around 9. We are now more than a third of the way there. After 20 years they will either remove the panels or just leave them for us to keep. I figure after 20 ut would cost them more to remove than they will be worth.

Unfortunately they called me on Friday and let me know that all their folks ended up in training and would not be able to do my assessment. We have rescheduled for Tuesday morning though I have a meeting at the designated time so I may have to reschedule again.

Though they do primarily leasing they will also sell systems outright.

Their office is located in Towne Center if anyone wants to stop by. BTW if youu want a few bucks back I will gladly split my referral bonus if anyone wants to share my account info during an initial call. I think it is $500 so that would be $250 back in your pocket if you sign up. PM if interested.

Oh our inverter is made by Fronius and the panels (12 South facing and 12 West facing) are made by Kyocera
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas