Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 05:11 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,329,768 times

Advertisements

I have to say, the times i drove in Vegas I didn't understand what the problem was. Traffic seemed fine! Then I started to commute on the 101 in Phoenix. ACK!!!

Old 01-25-2014, 06:22 PM

9,544 posts, read 16,572,413 times
Try driving in Massachusetts. A state especially Eastern Mass known for seriously bad drivers. Between the horrible drivers and the equally horrible road conditions. Roads literally crumbling as you drive on them. One could only wish to drive in Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 06:35 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,578,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Try driving in Massachusetts. A state especially Eastern Mass known for seriously bad drivers. Between the horrible drivers and the equally horrible road conditions. Roads literally crumbling as you drive on them. One could only wish to drive in Las Vegas.
I'm from Massachusetts. People from mass do tend to drive more aggressively but they also tend to be more skilled on the road. I can't say the same here.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:36 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,950,694 times
Yep, Vegas traffic is a breeze compared to Southern Cali

Old 01-25-2014, 07:45 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,139,029 times
I have extensive driving experience in town. Cab driving, pizza delivering, misc.
Waiting for a couple seconds at green lights has saved my life more times than I can recall.
I start looking left and right long before I reach an intersection. If it's a blind intersection, I slow before crossing. That too has saved me countless times.

Not trying to be sexist, but watch out for women in full size suvs. They tend to not pay any attention to anything around them, and they WILL come into your lane without warning.

It's so bad, my wife refuses to drive. Her and I believe women shouldn't drive, 99 times out of 100.

That being said, old men, in old man cars, are equally bad.

Motorcycles, watch out for them. Often times they are cautious, but some times they are reckless *******s.

Don't creep past the line in the turning lane. If you're not on the sensor, you will be there a while. When other lanes turn past you, YOU are the one that will get hit. You might get a new car out of it, but you might not. Either way, your whole day is ruined.

If you see someone driving like an idiot, get the tag number and call it in. They are on OUR roads endangering us. Let's be proactive and keep ourselves safe.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:48 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,052,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
i agree.. 60 mph on the onramp to the freeway only to stop on the I5 (i think its the i5)

Old 01-25-2014, 10:15 PM

720 posts, read 767,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
You said a mouthful there! I am unflappable due to my advanced California training.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:48 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,182,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisSuarez View Post
I drove in London throughout the 1990's Vegas is nothing compared to there.
Last time I was in London I was a passenger in a vehicle that got hit from the back. Everyone in the vehicle that hit us got out of the van to cuss us bloody yanks out for driving too slow.

Good times.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:04 PM

89 posts, read 84,768 times
The problems I encounter while driving in Vegas:

1. The various speeds on the 15. You'll have one guy doing 75, another guy in the next lane doing 45. It makes for a dangerous situation.

2. People not paying attention to the "must turn right" lanes. IF you find yourself in one of these lanes, do not continue straight! A cousin to this problem is getting into the right-hand-turn lanes promptly. Some driver will be "drafting" your bumper and slide into the right hand turn lane before you. Result: fender bender.

3. Tailgaters.

4. Crazy parking garage behavior. A girl almost took me out in the MGM self park garage one day. On my last trip, a guy was heading the wrong way inside Caesars self-park. Dumb.

Overall Vegas traffic is not bad.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:14 PM

393 posts, read 504,794 times
The 15 is nothing compared to the freeways in the S.F. Bay Area. Las Vegas has wonderful roads to drive on. When I come back to the Bay Area the road are full of potholes and crakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: