Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 07:28 AM

52 posts, read 77,663 times

Advertisements

This forum is a wonderful resource for anything and everything Las Vegas related. I am sure that many people come to the forum and are overwhelmed by the amount of threads and different chats going on.

So a useful hint before you post a question you may have can I suggest that you check out the search feature in the top right hand corner of the page.

It looks like this.

If you can't find the information you are looking for, then post away. If it wasn't for the search feature my post count would be in the 0000's already, seriously this forum has it covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 08:44 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,819,197 times
Las Vegas is a city in perpetual change. Information that was accurate as recent as last year (or even six months ago) can be inaccurate.

Your point is well taken - but there is still a great need for most of these discussions as they cover what is happening NOW and not what happened in the past.

Bill

Old 12-24-2013, 08:50 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,510,612 times
The forum rules do instruct people to search before they ask questions. Some information doesn't get stale as quickly as other information, so the searching first in order to help new posters ask more focused questions is still a good idea, not just in the Vegas forum, but elsewhere.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:55 AM

52 posts, read 77,663 times
I know I was excited when I found this forum as I am moving to Vegas next year, all I wanted to do was post a million questions asking about Las Vegas. Thankfully I found the search button before I could do too much damage and get roasted. I just figured it would be a handy reminder for new members who are unaware that there is actually a search tool in the forum.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:59 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,805,392 times
Great post for general questions (what neighborhood should I live in, what is the safest neighborhood, is it really 173 degrees every day) But new threads are great for specific questions and current events.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,163,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijoro View Post
This forum is a wonderful resource for anything and everything Las Vegas related. I am sure that many people come to the forum and are overwhelmed by the amount of threads and different chats going on.

So a useful hint before you post a question you may have can I suggest that you check out the search feature in the top right hand corner of the page.

It looks like this.

If you can't find the information you are looking for, then post away. If it wasn't for the search feature my post count would be in the 0000's already, seriously this forum has it covered.
Too bad this post can't be pinned. It really is helpful because lots of times, new posters will be ignored if they post a question that's already been answered ten thousand times.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:49 PM

11,179 posts, read 16,062,009 times
Default Posting & You

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Too bad this post can't be pinned. It really is helpful because lots of times, new posters will be ignored if they post a question that's already been answered ten thousand times.
An oldie, but a goodie:

Posting and You - YouTube

Old 12-24-2013, 06:03 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,163,657 times
Ha!

Von also posted one that I saved I dunno where, that was a spoof on The Matrix. It was something like "We have done this thread thousands of times and have become exceedingly good at it"

Old 12-25-2013, 02:16 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,184,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
Las Vegas is a city in perpetual change.

Bill
Except for which areas in the valley are the safest, worst, best, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas