Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,327 times

Advertisements

Greetings!

I know this may have come up somewhere here before, but I have a different need then most!

Short story, I am a Wyo resident, and business owner, looking to move somewhere close to Las Vegas. I have done a lot of research relating to my business and best places for growth, and Las Vegas came up as one of the top options for relocating.

Problem being, I have several horses (equine) that are also part of another person interest and income venture.

As I look through real estate listings, I am finding a lot of reasonably priced properties (under $100k) zone for equine, but the properties are less then an acre.

My question is, because I am not there (in Vegas area), I do not have hands on perception surrounding Vegas, and viable options to find something more then an acre, but not looking to get more then five acres perhaps, all while keeping it at a very reasonable price (Under $150k). Being where I am from, I currently drive close to 40 miles each way every day (ranch to work), so that is the distance I am open to!

Anyone out here have some ideas and input on where I should look, and if its feasible??

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 12:05 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,894,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Dually View Post
Greetings!

I know this may have come up somewhere here before, but I have a different need then most!

Short story, I am a Wyo resident, and business owner, looking to move somewhere close to Las Vegas. I have done a lot of research relating to my business and best places for growth, and Las Vegas came up as one of the top options for relocating.

Problem being, I have several horses (equine) that are also part of another person interest and income venture.

As I look through real estate listings, I am finding a lot of reasonably priced properties (under $100k) zone for equine, but the properties are less then an acre.

My question is, because I am not there (in Vegas area), I do not have hands on perception surrounding Vegas, and viable options to find something more then an acre, but not looking to get more then five acres perhaps, all while keeping it at a very reasonable price (Under $150k). Being where I am from, I currently drive close to 40 miles each way every day (ranch to work), so that is the distance I am open to!

Anyone out here have some ideas and input on where I should look, and if its feasible??

Thank you!
If you can extend your drive a little more look at listings around Pahrump. I know three former coworkers who lived out there to get affordable over an acre lots and one had horses.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:29 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,813,699 times
As Willy pointed out best is likely Pahrump. Dozens there. About an hour to west side of Las Vegas.

In Clark County you will find suitable places in Sandy Valley west of Las Vegas and in Moapa and Overton area to the NW. Both 30 to 45 minutes out of Las Vegas.

Cheapest 1 acre house in Las Vegas is in the NW with a little over an acre for 177,000. Big House so likely a heavy duty fixer.

Watch your DM.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:09 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,165,017 times
Wow! A "where should I live" thread that can't be answered with the word Summerlin or Henderson. As a matter of fact, certain parts of NLV or Centennial would be more ideal than Summerlin.

Sent from watch

Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,374,099 times
Overton, Logandale, Moapa, Indian Springs. Aren't they all closer than Pahrump?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:15 PM

2,851 posts, read 4,528,540 times
^^^ depends on what your end destination is.

pahrump to:
the airport = ~1 hr
ft apache rd = ~45 mins
nellis = ~1.5 hrs
st george = ~2.25 hrs

Old 08-25-2013, 09:55 PM

402 posts, read 1,529,412 times
How close do you have to/want to be to Las Vegas? I would suggest Alamo/Ash Springs/Pharanagat Valley. You would be around 90 miles out from Vegas though, don't know if thats too far.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:17 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,953,476 times
There are area's in Clark county that's North Las Vegas or Henderson and Las Vegas,that have equestrian zoning. However your price range of $100,000 will be almost impossible for you to find anything that works for you. Property values have gone up over 24.9% in the Valley and different area's haven't seen that kind of appreciation however pretty much everything have gone up.

I am from Montana originally and we had horses, and since your from Wyoming your horses aren't use to the hot weather so besides area's to move to you may want to find out what it takes to help horses from colder states acclimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas