Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 06:10 PM

12 posts, read 27,995 times

Advertisements

We wanted to follow up and say thank you to all of the other positive people that replied to the original post and to sincerely wish you the best of luck in Las Vegas and we hope it works out amazingly well for you, Canadians and all lol!. We are still in Las Vegas, and like we originally stated, we plan to retire here. We respectfully disagree on the four seasons, since we feel soooooo cold in the winter and have to wear wool socks for at least six months. In the summer, we want to be naked lol. Also, we have planted sooooooo many flowering plants (maybe 200 alltogether) in our front and back yard that the sea of flowers in Spring (early March) tells us that we definitely have a winter and a spring here in Las Vegas. And, we have Raywood Ash trees in our front yard, whose leaves turn a bright red in the Fall, and then completely fall of by the end of November (winter), and then its leaves return around February, Spring! Again, thank you so much for the positivity and we hope you continue to discover more and more amazing things about our wonderful city, Las Vegas!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 06:23 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,018,202 times
I've never lived in Vegas, but I surely love to visit! One of my very favorite places!

Old 08-04-2015, 06:41 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,266,874 times
I agree, Las Vegas is a nice place! Definitely the most unique city in the U.S.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:11 PM

87 posts, read 203,105 times
To all who posted here on this thread: THANK YOU! It was a pleasure to read after following all the belly aching on a recent thread with over 500 posts about How Bad Las Vegas Is. What is truly amazing is that all of you and all the belly achers are posting about the same town! Whats up with that? After all, the city is the same place and in my mind, the comments both good and bad say more about the poster than they do about the city. Well, thanks again, very refreshing!

Old 08-08-2015, 08:26 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,956,714 times
Love it here in Las Vegas... we would never move back to CA... never.

1. Low property taxes
2. cheaper gas than CA
3. Very little graffiti (depending on the neighborhood I guess, but the freeways are very clean compared to L.A.)
4. Roads are in excellent shape! Driving on the 15 is smooth as silk compared to the pothole-laden 405 or the 5 in L.A.
5. Non-existent state income taxes
6. Very few insects (never even seen a roach here... not once!)
7. Low crime if you choose the right areas
8. AMAZING restaurant choices and not all are expensive either
9. EVEN MORE AMAZING entertainment options. Acts, shows, concerts, etc.
10. Very little traffic at all. It takes very little time to get across the city if you need to.
11. Newer infrastructure compared to most of the country (a benefit of being a young city)
12. "Anything goes" attitude. You can be weird here and not be looked down upon.
13. 24-hour everything... I mean everything. Such convenience!

That's just off the top of my head.... I'll probably think of more later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas