Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 03:45 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,085,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
When did I say Cops can do no wrong ? Please highlight the post where I stated this
Is it so difficult to admit your rush to judgment was wrong ?
These cops did what they had to do to end a hostage situation involving a child.
SWAT takes time to respond and if first responders can end the situation peacefully ( appears they did ) you will not see SWAT on scene.
And lastly I am not your pal
Obviously you're a bit thick so let me take it slooooooow for you pal.

My rush judgement was never in error the cops actions were.

Show me where the claim of a hostage situation was REALLY a hostage situation.

The first es ponders seemed to have taken their sweet time taking people back and forth to the station during a hostage situation. If you can't see where the story changed to a hostage situation out of convenience you may wan to write yourself a note so you remember to breath.

I wouldn't want to be your pal, guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 03:49 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,085,201 times
Quote:
I am not making light of yours or any other situation. I am only trying to educate and not let the emotions take over to indict an entire Department. Pockets of corruption are a lot easier to fix than systemic.
At no point did anyone ever indict an entire department. You somehow twisted statements into that to better fit your narrow minded view of the situation.

By your logic nobody can talk about any police wrongdoings because there are only "pockets" of corruption.

Wow.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:11 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,557,754 times
Quote:
To those that wanted to ARREST the Police before ALL the facts came out.
If it were your child being held hostage, how would you want your Police to respond ? Anything less ?
Looks like there were exigent circumstances.
You are retarded for even posing this hypothetical.

I want cops to respect the law and people's constitutional rights. That's what I want. Do not obfuscate a very serious breach of those rights by asinine arguments.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:17 PM

557 posts, read 794,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
Obviously you're a bit thick so let me take it slooooooow for you pal.

You still never pointed out where I posted cops can do no wrong. Re read thread and show me instead of insulting me

My rush judgement was never in error the cops actions were.

Where is the proof ?

Show me where the claim of a hostage situation was REALLY a hostage situation.

LVRJ now reporting. Show me proof to the contrary.

The first es ponders seemed to have taken their sweet time taking people back and forth to the station during a hostage situation. If you can't see where the story changed to a hostage situation out of convenience you may wan to write yourself a note so you remember to breath.

Ah, conspiracy theory.

I wouldn't want to be your pal, guy.
That makes 2 of us

Old 07-06-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
At no point did anyone ever indict an entire department. You somehow twisted statements into that to better fit your narrow minded view of the situation.

By your logic nobody can talk about any police wrongdoings because there are only "pockets" of corruption.

Wow.
Post# 39 is the indictment of the entire Department.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:57 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,821,028 times
Quote:
To those that wanted to ARREST the Police before ALL the facts came out.
If it were your child being held hostage, how would you want your Police to respond ? Anything less ?
Looks like there were exigent circumstances.
You are reaching as bad as some of the cop knockers.

Why the arrests? CYA?

Pepper spraying the son and dog?

Dragging the old lady down to the HQ?

None of this smacks of police teaching who is boss to you?

Should be fun to hear why it was all required in court.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You are reaching as bad as some of the cop knockers.

Why the arrests? CYA?

Pepper spraying the son and dog?

Dragging the old lady down to the HQ?

None of this smacks of police teaching who is boss to you?

Should be fun to hear why it was all required in court.
That was my point all along. I am not defending the Police in this matter, but only reserving judgment until it all comes out in a Civil trial under oath. I find the rush to judgment by some to be out of emotion rather than rational behavior.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
You are retarded for even posing this hypothetical.

I want cops to respect the law and people's constitutional rights. That's what I want. Do not obfuscate a very serious breach of those rights by asinine arguments.
I have never called you names and I don't understand your need to call me retarted. You should really watch out using the phrase retarted as it is very insulting to those that have serious issues.
There is a good chance my hypotheticals were the real time reality of the police on scene with little time to react. I was not there so I cannot confirm. As a citizen of this community don't you think I want the same as you, protection under the Constitution and law ? As a fact of years of case law the Forth Amendment can be suspended under exigent circumstances. The two prongs needed are the need for public safety and the lack of time to apply for the warrant.
I have responded in a civil way with out insults, I hope in the future you will do the same.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:37 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,557,754 times
Quote:
I have never called you names and I don't understand your need to call me retarted. You should really watch out using the phrase retarted as it is very insulting to those that have serious issues.
There is a good chance my hypotheticals were the real time reality of the police on scene with little time to react. I was not there so I cannot confirm. As a citizen of this community don't you think I want the same as you, protection under the Constitution and law ? As a fact of years of case law the Forth Amendment can be suspended under exigent circumstances. The two prongs needed are the need for public safety and the lack of time to apply for the warrant.
I have responded in a civil way with out insults, I hope in the future you will do the same.
Spell the word right and perhaps my suspicions of your intelligence will have no merit.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Spell the word right and perhaps my suspicions of your intelligence will have no merit.
More insults and avoid the issues. It is like you cannot help yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas