Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 02:23 PM

35 posts, read 47,203 times

Advertisements

Once again the carnival/festivals of Las Vegas dissapoint. Here's my complaint. I've been in Las Vegas for well over 20 years, I love Las Vegas. The summers, the spring, the fall are bar none the best. But seriously can we get a festival in this town that's not going to break the bank anytime we want to take the kids out for some fun?!?!? We went to the foodie fest last night at the silverton, love to support local business as we are business owners here. But really, 10.00 per person to enter, then 25.00 per person to ride the rides, then the food. Come on!!! We stopped at Maine lobster trailer for a lobster sandwich. It was a kaiser type roll with cold lobster and a pickle on the side for 18.00!!!! No drink, no fries or chips.... nothing. Just your sandwich and a pickle!!! If we actually ate there we would have paid a whopping 72.00!!!Lol!!! I've been to festivals in Texas, I have family in San Antonio and Austin. San Antonio just had their annual fiesta, a week long celebration that has food and rides and activities for families. You pay 50.00 and it's all you can eat and all you can drink. Yes, your beer is included. Why oh why can't Las Vegas get with the program and offer something similar. All of the festivals/carnivals/events are out of control expensive. In a city where it's difficult to find fun things to do with your kids, these events would be ideal, as long as you financially plan for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,710,395 times
I noticed that a lot of the food trucks are from SoCal. Maybe they are driving prices up because they have to travel. I wonder how much it costs the trucks to actually enter and sell? There are some fair deals (I got an awesome ribeye sandwich for $10 +1 for a drink).

Old 04-27-2013, 02:51 PM

555 posts, read 774,932 times
was thinking of going for some fresh White Castle but the $10 entrance fee is eh; I think the vendors should cover the cost of the event organizer instead of charging the entrance fee.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:53 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,947,596 times
Just got back from my 2nd day there and loved it. The White Castle line was ridiculously long though... they literally stopped the line at 8:11pm last night because they weren't sure they could serve those people before midnight! YIKES! They have crappy burgers anyway. I make a rule to never get in a line longer than 5 minutes... there were far too many trucks that one could sample from... all were very good and not that expensive.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:55 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,947,596 times
By the way, the $10 entry allows you entry for all 3 days, so you can go back without waiting in line... just enter through the exit and show your wristband. I think it was only $7 if you bought it online in advance.... lesson learned for next year.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:08 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,393,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolve77 View Post
Once again the carnival/festivals of Las Vegas dissapoint. Here's my complaint. I've been in Las Vegas for well over 20 years, I love Las Vegas. The summers, the spring, the fall are bar none the best. But seriously can we get a festival in this town that's not going to break the bank anytime we want to take the kids out for some fun?!?!? We went to the foodie fest last night at the silverton, love to support local business as we are business owners here. But really, 10.00 per person to enter, then 25.00 per person to ride the rides, then the food. Come on!!! We stopped at Maine lobster trailer for a lobster sandwich. It was a kaiser type roll with cold lobster and a pickle on the side for 18.00!!!! No drink, no fries or chips.... nothing. Just your sandwich and a pickle!!! If we actually ate there we would have paid a whopping 72.00!!!Lol!!! I've been to festivals in Texas, I have family in San Antonio and Austin. San Antonio just had their annual fiesta, a week long celebration that has food and rides and activities for families. You pay 50.00 and it's all you can eat and all you can drink. Yes, your beer is included. Why oh why can't Las Vegas get with the program and offer something similar. All of the festivals/carnivals/events are out of control expensive. In a city where it's difficult to find fun things to do with your kids, these events would be ideal, as long as you financially plan for it.
I agree with you. I remember feeling the same thing a lot of the times we went someplace. gouge gouge gouge

Old 04-27-2013, 08:10 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,296 times
The Saint Genaro Festival is the same. Like they should be so grateful we showed up to come in and lay down more money for the food we want, an admittance fee is charged.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:16 PM

35 posts, read 47,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
By the way, the $10 entry allows you entry for all 3 days, so you can go back without waiting in line... just enter through the exit and show your wristband. I think it was only $7 if you bought it online in advance.... lesson learned for next year.
If I didn't live in centennial area I would consider using my pass all weekend, but because I get gouged at the gas stations as well it's simply not worth the drive.

I just remember when I was a kid and my parents would take our family to the chili cook offs, and county fairs heck even san genaro you didn't pay an "entry" fee then were expected to pay for food, rides, and additional for other attractions.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 PM

207 posts, read 508,502 times
Maybe the entrance fee is employed to keep out people who would loiter in just to cause trouble and not spend any money?

Old 04-27-2013, 09:53 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
was thinking of going for some fresh White Castle but the $10 entrance fee is eh; I think the vendors should cover the cost of the event organizer instead of charging the entrance fee.
I totally agree. Hard not to compare to other places where they don't charge to get in. As a vendor, you might wonder how much more biz you would get if you didn't go broke paying an entrance fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegarlic View Post
Maybe the entrance fee is employed to keep out people who would loiter in just to cause trouble and not spend any money?
Valid point, but some entrance fees are exorbitant. They have turned me off from attending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas