Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 PM

402 posts, read 1,529,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Actually, that is available to ANYONE. The Clark Co. Public Library will give a library card to anyone who requests it whether a resident or not - at least they did a few years back.
You can get the card, but many services are for county residents only. My wife got one hoping to use the ebook program (since the library in White Pine County doesnt do it) only to find out that you had to have a Clark County address in a non incorporated community (so no Henderson on North Las Vegas addresses).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 05:13 PM

18 posts, read 28,604 times
Thanks for the tip! All signed up and reading Consumer Reports. I haven't used my library card in years, and didn't realize they expired.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:39 AM

629 posts, read 1,176,145 times
One thing I just learned -- you are not automatically subscribed to the magazine on Zinio's site.

Every month you have to log in to the Clark Library portal, see the new issues that are available, and manually add them to your Zinio account.

My advice is to add any magazines you are interested in, because when next month's issues come out, last month's issues disappear from the free portal. But once you have added them to your Zinio library, they're there forever

Still, a minor inconvenience for free magazines!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas