Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 03:15 PM

687 posts, read 4,411,840 times

Advertisements

To the OP. I didnt read anything but the first post and dont feel like reading this whole thread. You say no humidity, well we had plenty this summer. Entertainment, you can only see so much and then your sick of it, not to mention most of it is pricey. Schools, they stink big time but we are fortunate enough to have our little one in a school thats rated up with the best in the valley but all in all, the district sucks.
We had no choice but to move here 13 years ago and now were stuck because we own a business. If you guys have a choice to move somewhere other than Vegas, I would think heavilly before moving here. Years ago when the economy was good, Vegas was great for work but now I dont think there are too many high paying jobs available here at the moment.

Not trying to sound negative, this valley has lots of conveniences but when it comes to feeling like home, it just doesnt cut it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 05:11 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,870,235 times
Love it. The schools all stink except the one we send our kid to.

Then don't you have to admit all but one suck?

And then you say "rated up with the best in the valley"

So there is more than one good school in the Valley?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,221,097 times
everybody seems to bend the nonfacts to fit themselves

Old 09-19-2012, 09:48 PM

687 posts, read 4,411,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Love it. The schools all stink except the one we send our kid to.

Then don't you have to admit all but one suck?

And then you say "rated up with the best in the valley"

So there is more than one good school in the Valley?
I didnt say the schools sucked, I said the district sucks.
There are a small handfull of elementary schools in the valley that fall into a better than most category and ours is one of them but the district as a whole is still a mess.

Come on guys, I can never describe properly what I'm actually thinking.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:54 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,870,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger08 View Post
I didnt say the schools sucked, I said the district sucks.
There are a small handfull of elementary schools in the valley that fall into a better than most category and ours is one of them but the district as a whole is still a mess.

Come on guys, I can never describe properly what I'm actually thinking.
I can. Roughly 10% of the district is very good to excellent.

Roughly 33% of the district is good. Roughly half is adequate

Another half is less than adequate.

And 10% is pretty well terrible.

Is that what you meant to say?

Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 AM

99 posts, read 129,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapp5 View Post

<snip>

We looked in parts of TX due to having family there. THAT is just another beast in and of itself! Being a family of 5 means driving, not flying, most places. The great part about the east coast is I can get my kids out and about to lots of great stuff within a few hours drive or a day trip. I see that to be the case in NV as well? TX...not so much. I feel like we'd essentially just be "stuck" in TX. I don't mind heat at all but I find the TX landscape to be not my favorite. I spent all my summers in San Antonio growing up. But, I don't know...it just didn't feel like the right "fit" for us. They too have BEAUTIFUL homes that are extremely affordable but we'd really only being moving there for a small part of family that's there and they're older so not sure that's the best reason to move.
A few hour's drive may not get you out of Clark County. At 75 MPH!!! A lot of people I have met from out East don't always truly understand this. The West is VAST which is why most of us love it here but, it can be unsetteling. We measure travel time in hours not miles. While Las Vegas is pretty self contained, LA is 4 hours on a good day and Phoenix is 6. The two nearest places for a major league sports game. Although just guessing, north to south in Nevada is 8-10 hours. I have never done it.

Of course there is a pretty diverse flight schedule. Although I have not researched it my guess is that there is a direct flight to most places on the planet sometime during the week.

F
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas