Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 AM

15,883 posts, read 14,564,333 times

Advertisements

^
Traccia, out in Summerlin (depending if you want much of a yard or not) Lots of amenities, decent size (looking) houses, but on very small lots (you'd have a patio, but not really a yard)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,960,142 times
Here are some links to the other 55 and older communities in Henderson:
Sun City McDonald Ranch Homes for Sale | MyLvHomeSales.com

www.mylvhomesales.com › CommunitiesCommunities S-Z

Sun City Anthem - Home Page

www.sca-hoa.org/

Solera at Anthem - Henderson, NV 55+ Community

www.55places.com/

Here is nort Las Vegas 55 and older websites.

Sun City Aliante - Home Page

suncityaliantenlv.com/outside_home.asp

Shea Homes at Ardiente - 55+ Resort living from the $100s

www.trilogylife.com/

Las Vegas 55 and older communities:

Sun City Summerlin Community Association, Inc. (SCSCAI) Home

www.suncity-summerlin.com/

Solera At Stallion Mountain | DelWebbHome.com

www.delwebbhome.com/LasVegas

There is a 55 and older highrise in Las Vegas it's been around for a while.

Royal Crest, Las Vegas NV Active Adult 55 plus Age Restricted ...

www.activeadultliving.com/NV/nevada/condominium.../royal-crest

There is another 55 and older in Las Vegas called suncity Las Vegas

Siena sun colony in Summerlin

Siena - Home Page

www.sienalv.org/

Los Prados is both a 55 and older a golfing community and family

Los Prados Golf & Country Club Here is the website for the golf course and country club to give you and idea what's it like.

There are even more than this for 55 and older communities everything from Modular 55 and older parks to midrise condo's.

As far as highrise properties yes there are some without issues however your price range really limits you to what size of condo. Currently there are only a little over 400 highrise condo's listed for sale in the mls. The highrise condo's have seen a correction in prices and availability since there were only 30,000 condo's every built compared to hundred's of thousands homes built and are continuing to be built. There will not be another highrise built for years they cost too much to build. When the were building highrise properties it cost $450.00 a sq/ft to build now they are selling for half of that.

I hope this info was helpful good luck in your housing search.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:48 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,850,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
I am so surprised at the number of responses and the valuable information provided. Especially eventusstultorummagister; I just clicked on that home for rent in Anthem…Thank you. Thank you all.
Regarding those that offered a negative view of 55+communities, Summerlin has been there for a while so maybe that would have an older average age than Anthem. Thinking about what MadManofBethesda said, I don’t want to trade out annoying teenagers for the older crowd that can also be somewhat annoying in their older age. From the vibe I might center on Anthem if I do still consider the 55+ community because it might have a younger crowd, unless someone knows differently. Jjameson922 you live in Summerlin, are the amenities that much less in Anthem?
At this point in our lives we would not have grandchildren coming for a visit, but we don’t hate children either, we were just looking at the amenities offered by that type of a community and thought that was what we were looking for. We live in a HOA now, but I suspect at one of these it is a lot stricter – many rules, some ridiculous – like you said.
Does anyone have a suggestion of a “regular” community (house or condo) in our price range that has nice amenities? Any suggestion is welcome.
As a general rule you will find little difference between Sun City Summerlin and Sun City Anthem with respect to age. Actually Anthem is about a year younger though that will likely vanish as Anthem is in the aging phase while Summerlin is getting younger.

Facilities wise the single best item is the Anthem clubhouse which is pretty spectacular. However Summerlin has two major clubhouses and two minor ones. On balance the facilities probably favors Summerlin. Summerlin is also larger. The lesser Sun Cities are really not competitive in the facilities though quite nice. Maybe Siena which is a little upscale from any of the Sun Cities.

I would also be vastly skeptical of that rental offer. The lowest rent in the last year In Sun City Anthem was $900 for a much smaller unit. That unit should go above 1100 unless something is badly wrong with it. Already foreclosed or something? Check closely.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:31 PM

2,723 posts, read 4,774,434 times
[quote=lvoc;26132063I would also be vastly skeptical of that rental offer. The lowest rent in the last year In Sun City Anthem was $900 for a much smaller unit. That unit should go above 1100 unless something is badly wrong with it. Already foreclosed or something? Check closely.[/QUOTE]

Why are you always so negative?

Your alter-ego Gulfer, too...

Old 09-17-2012, 05:58 PM

670 posts, read 1,107,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Why are you always so negative?

Your alter-ego Gulfer, too...

Healthy skepticism and negativity are two very different things.

How would the gentleman inquiring know that the price offered on that apartment is below average to the point it warrants further investigation?

Last edited by vtvette; 09-17-2012 at 07:28 PM..

Old 09-17-2012, 06:12 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,850,283 times
Actually it is better than that.

It is listed on the MLS. For 1175.

Someone ripped it off and is either working a scam for money up front or it is an agent trying to drum up business. But it is NOT avaliable for $800. Call the number and you can see. If they tell you it is rented but they have others it is an agent. If they offer to show it likely a con.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,170,120 times
^^^
I forget which poster said it, but he or she said that if there is a 1% chance that something in Vegas is a scam, it is.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 PM

11,180 posts, read 16,069,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
There are many rules, some ridiculous. Like no taking pictures or using cameras at the pools.
Yeah, what is it with that ridiculous rule?

When we were house-hunting, my wife would routinely take video of the various properties we were touring with our agent. When we were at Siena and she took out her camera to take pictures of the pool/clubhouse area, she was surrounded by a silver-haired SWAT team informing her that pictures were verboten. I thought they were going to confiscate her camera and send her to geezer prison.

(Okay, so I exaggerate....a little.)

Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,170,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Yeah, what is it with that ridiculous rule?

When we were house-hunting, my wife would routinely take video of the various properties we were touring with our agent. When we were at Siena and she took out her camera to take pictures of the pool/clubhouse area, she was surrounded by a silver-haired SWAT team informing her that pictures were verboten. I thought they were going to confiscate her camera and send her to geezer prison.

(Okay, so I exaggerate....a little.)
Saggy old butts. No one wants that on You Tube.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 AM

7 posts, read 9,546 times
Thank all of you for your forum comments and those DM comments as well,
I am coming into Las Vegas in December for a week to look around. I will be using a realtor recommended by a friend and now I have a good basis from which to start. Hopefully, if I have any additional questions when I am there I can once again write in for assistance.
Thank you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas