Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:11 AM

40 posts, read 281,822 times

Advertisements

I hate to say it and really don't want to feed the local troll on this forum but I have finally hit my limit with this trashy city.

My wife and I went to see Aaron Lewis of Staind perform an accoustic show last night at the House of Blues in Las Vegas (Mandalay Bay). If you don't know who he is, Staind was an alternative rock band that did an MTV unplugged show. The unplugged show was so good that Aaron Lewis now does a solo tour. Just him and an accoustic guitar. I was really excited to go and bought floor seats (about the 12th row).

The sound system was fine, not too loud and you should have been able to hear every note. The House of Blues had opened bars during the show. After he did his first song he asked the crowd if he was interrupting their conversations. He tried to explain that this was supposed to be an intimate setting. Instead of being quiet they responded f--- you and booed. Now, I paid to see him perform but apparently about 1/2 of the people were there to drink and talk and try to gey laid while some guy on the stage with a guitar played.

It was just plain painful. He tried to play with emotion and the talking just didn't stop. Remember, this was a guy with an accoustic guitar. I could barely hear alot of his singing over the talking. He was singing a song about his little girl that was soft and mellow and durring the whole song every drunk trashy Las Vegas skank kept yelling "whoh hoo" over and over, plus the constant talking in the background. Aaron Lewis then commented that the crowd was "testy." You could see that the man enjoyed the emotion and connection of the accoustic show and that it just wasn't happening. He just kept plowing forward painfully. Every once in a while you could hear somneone in the crowd yell "Shut the f--- up to the people who were talking.

My wife and I finally walked out. We just could not hear the music at all. I complained to someone in security and she said "someone is talking on the floor?" This was on the way out where we could not even hear the music at all, just the trashy crowd talking and yelling. My response was "You can't hear the crowd talking?" I spoke to someone at the box office who directed me to the "boss." She explained "man, we got him here and got him to sing, we can do nothing about the crowd. That's all you get" I guess I bothered her, I'm sure that she needed to do something important like another line of coke.

I bought tickets to James Taylor that are also up really close. I was excited to go until yesterday. It is at a different venue at the Mandalay Bay. I really hope that they do not ********** one up too.

In case any of you are not familiar with out fair city, Las Vegas is a disguisting combination of desert wasteland and heat that is full of trashy people. Everyone here is financed up to their eyeballs to drive a fancy car and afford plastic surgery. But then again, if you don't live in a $1,000,000 house you live in a scary neighborhood, and even then, once you leave the gates of your neighborhood, you are back in the wasteland of drug addicts and trash. Last night was the last straw. We have to leave. We went hiking a few weeks ago in the one nice place here, Mount Charleston, and someone left beer cans and bottles at the end of the trail and spray painted the canyon walls with graffitti. Sorry to ramble but I have lived here for 17 years and it hurts that I know that I have to leave.

Anyone want to buy a house...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 AM

84 posts, read 360,236 times
Wow. Sorry that you had a terrible time at the show.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:00 AM

515 posts, read 1,833,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada1 View Post

Everyone here is financed up to their eyeballs to drive a fancy car and afford plastic surgery. But then again, if you don't live in a $1,000,000 house you live in a scary neighborhood, and even then, once you leave the gates of your neighborhood, you are back in the wasteland of drug addicts and trash.
Not true, just an opinion.

Sorry you had a crappy night. I've seen a lot of shows at the House of Blues, some turn out just like you described, but most of them I've really enjoyed.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 AM

818 posts, read 3,699,967 times
The house of blues has an intimate bar upstairs, where this show would've been much better. Unfortunately, they need to sell more tickets to pay Lewis' retainer, which meant they had to put it in the main room. If he wanted an intimate show, he shouldn't charge ballroom prices.

As for your other statements about Las Vegas, mostly overreaction based on a small amount of truth. Good luck wherever you move.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:32 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,513,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada1 View Post
In case any of you are not familiar with out fair city, Las Vegas is a disguisting combination of desert wasteland and heat that is full of trashy people. Everyone here is financed up to their eyeballs to drive a fancy car and afford plastic surgery. But then again, if you don't live in a $1,000,000 house you live in a scary neighborhood, and even then, once you leave the gates of your neighborhood, you are back in the wasteland of drug addicts and trash. Last night was the last straw. We have to leave. We went hiking a few weeks ago in the one nice place here, Mount Charleston, and someone left beer cans and bottles at the end of the trail and spray painted the canyon walls with graffitti. Sorry to ramble but I have lived here for 17 years and it hurts that I know that I have to leave.
Thanks Nevada...you've said what I've been preaching for the last couple of months! I'm sorry that you paid to have a lousy time.

I am not gloating because you had a bad time, but because I happen to be right, and your post confirmed it. Unfortunately, you, as a resident, ventured into tourist territory and found out the hard way that Las Vegas really does not belong to the residents, but to the tourists on vacation who probably had no idea who Aaron Lewis is (nor obviously cared.)

People planning on moving to this tourist mecca to try and live there, should heed your words!

Old 09-28-2007, 10:43 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,225,179 times
Hmmm Let us get this right. You had a bad experience at a poorly sited acoustic concert at Mandalay Bay and therefore Las Vegas is filled with trashy people over there heads in debt living in million dollar housing.

It really does not compute.

You would not be of that age where the mid-life crisis occurs would you?

Old 09-28-2007, 11:53 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,416,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Thanks Nevada...you've said what I've been preaching for the last couple of months! I'm sorry that you paid to have a lousy time.

I am not gloating because you had a bad time, but because I happen to be right, and your post confirmed it. Unfortunately, you, as a resident, ventured into tourist territory and found out the hard way that Las Vegas really does not belong to the residents, but to the tourists on vacation who probably had no idea who Aaron Lewis is (nor obviously cared.)

People planning on moving to this tourist mecca to try and live there, should heed your words!
come on jfk...the thing you are right about is that tourist territory is not the best place for locals to hang out if they don't want to pay exorbitant prices or deal w/ masses of drunk people...not that LV is a bad place to live.

the strip belongs to the tourists...the rest of LV is for the locals. and there is a lot of 'the rest' out there. tourist don't venture far from the strip, so i gotta disagree....this place is ours.

sorry about your crappy show nevada1, but olecapt, matt and chest are right...HoB can be an iffy venue for an intimate setting (any of them...in any city). as for trash on charleston, that sux...but again, can't necessarily blame locals.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:12 PM

515 posts, read 1,833,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post

I am not gloating because you had a bad time, but because I happen to be right,

What are you right about?? Drunk people suck? I'm so glad your here to let us all know, cause, I had no idea??????

I'm picking up a for sale sign on the way home, selling my house, quiting my job and moving to upstate New York. Beacuse your soooooo right!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:32 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,717,095 times
From my experience, a lot of the trashy people that are present in Vegas comes from CA (i can say the majority). I personally had a bad experience when I was at the 2007 All Star Game. This attracted all the lowlife thugs from SoCal, every crip and blood was making all the trouble. Actually my friend that is a Metro Officer attested to this. I think this is why they are not promoting anymore Hip-Hop concerts because of all the crime before, during and after the shows. I've been to House of Blues in LA and its no different than the one at Mandalay Bay.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:37 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,416,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
From my experience, a lot of the trashy people that are present in Vegas comes from CA (i can say the majority). I personally had a bad experience when I was at the 2007 All Star Game. This attracted all the lowlife thugs from SoCal, every crip and blood was making all the trouble. Actually my friend that is a Metro Officer attested to this. I think this is why they are not promoting anymore Hip-Hop concerts because of all the crime before, during and after the shows. I've been to House of Blues in LA and its no different than the one at Mandalay Bay.
im from cali
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas