Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:28 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,816,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppkj01 View Post
I think you would be a paranoid freak too if you were seriously considering moving across the county, to LV of all places WITH CHILDREN.
What parent wouldn't be fixated over crime and sex offender maps???
Again from what zip(s) are you coming? Chicago is generally much worse than the western cities.

In 89134 there are 3 who appear to be pedophiles. All live in Sun City a place where you are not likely to live.

If you simply pick the good schools you will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
Quote:
I think you would be a paranoid freak too if you were seriously considering moving across the county, to LV of all places WITH CHILDREN.
What parent wouldn't be fixated over crime and sex offender maps???

Not the OP I was referring to. I was speaking about some of the regulars here in a jesting way. I'm sorry that wasn't clear. I don't ever want to insult someone who is coming to this board for help.

Again, I think she'll be fine in Summerlin or GV. Boulder City is also an option for those that can afford it and put up with the commute.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 AM

12 posts, read 54,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Not the OP I was referring to. I was speaking about some of the regulars here in a jesting way. I'm sorry that wasn't clear. I don't ever want to insult someone who is coming to this board for help.

Again, I think she'll be fine in Summerlin or GV. Boulder City is also an option for those that can afford it and put up with the commute.
Thanks for the clarification

Old 06-14-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Again from what zip(s) are you coming? Chicago is generally much worse than the western cities.

In 89134 there are 3 who appear to be pedophiles. All live in Sun City a place where you are not likely to live.

I don't feel comfortable providing my zip code on an open forum. Yes, The CITY of Chicago is much worse than many other places, but we are from the Chicago burbs = huge difference. Lots of wonderful, family-oriented communites out this way. LOVE where we live currently, if it weren't for my husbands job we would probably never consider a move to LV (although I think the weather is great there!)

I think there is one sex offender in our entire subdivison. We know exactly where he lives, and what he looks like - so do all the kids, no one trick or treats there, etc... we are a "community watch" neighborhood also, as are the vast majority of decent neighborhoods are out this way

I thought I saw alot more than 3??? I don't care what the crime is either - a sex offender is a sex offender. I did notice there is a number of "unlisted" offenders on the site too - why, I have no clue. Listed in the upper right corner I think.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

In my zip....

In an entire year:
0 murders, 0 rapes, 40 buglaries, 8 auto thefts, 28 assaults, 3 robberies

Crime index of my zip: 64, National average: 319.1

Old 06-14-2012, 10:28 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
Quote:
In my zip....

In an entire year:

Is there any way your husband's job can let him telecommute from where you are? It seems like you really like it there, and it's a B- moving when you have put down roots someplace.

I think LVOC said it best with regards to crime and schools. Palo Verde and Green Valley High. If you do make the move, I wish you the best, and there is lots of good information on this board about family friendly things to do around here. We have Mt. Charleston, Red Rock, Gilcrease Orchard, Springs Preserve, Lake Mead and year-round sports for kids.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Is there any way your husband's job can let him telecommute from where you are? It seems like you really like it there, and it's a B- moving when you have put down roots someplace.

I think LVOC said it best with regards to crime and schools. Palo Verde and Green Valley High. If you do make the move, I wish you the best, and there is lots of good information on this board about family friendly things to do around here. We have Mt. Charleston, Red Rock, Gilcrease Orchard, Springs Preserve, Lake Mead and year-round sports for kids.
Unfortunately, no...the opportunity for him is to be #1 in charge at a facility out there. Needless to say we are torn between this amazing opportunity for us and leaving behind our family and way of life. Without children, I think our decision would be much simpler of course.

Yes, we looked into Palo Verde & Green Valley, we would love to do private but too expensive. Thinking of magnet/charter for the little one though.

Thanks so much for your help...sure I'll be using this board like mad in the days to come!!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:31 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,816,792 times
Quote:
In my zip....

In an entire year:

Those numbers are about fhe same or a little worse than 89134.
If the population is similar they are about the same.
89134 has about 14,000 dwellings and 36,000 resideancts
t

Old 06-14-2012, 12:42 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,165,826 times
They should track crime index by individual HOA developments. Mine would be...

Murders-0
rape-0
burglaries-0
auto theft-0
assaults-0
robberies-0
graffiti-50

Bored kids out of school.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:49 PM

12 posts, read 36,818 times
We live inside Rhodes Ranch which is between Summerlin and Mountains Edge. It is a guard gated/golf community and we have never experienced any serious crimes with in our neighborhood. We have 24 hour security, gym, pools, tennis courts etc all with in the community so we never have to leave for our children's sake. We also never get solicitors knocking on our door etc... I have custom cars parked out side and have never had an issue. WHen I was living in North Las Vegas I had 3 attempts at car theft and 2 neighbors whome had home invasions. It is why we moved to a country club type atmosphere. Didn't like all the random people driving through the neighborhood. It felt as though they were just scoping out targets for theft. Plus having a strict HOA means I dont have to worry about my neighbors ruining my view, parking their beaters on their yards etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas