Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,064,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.V. SnowBird View Post
Thanks all for the great responses to this post.

Its incredible what a great resource this site has been for us in teaching us the in and outs of Las Vegas. Regarding the Riviera sales presentation, it sounds like its the Exotic Escapes Plaza deal scam which LVPOKER1 mentioned.

Needless to say, we won't be attending this presentation. We have attended other time share presentations and so far have left unscathed.

good for you, as hard sell as they can be, it is possible to walk away and not be trapped into buying. When we did buy, we knew before we even went to the presentation we would most likely buy and it happened to be the company we planned on purchasing from so we had no regrets. We had attended a few prior to that. Only once were they so over the top that we left almost angry. Not only were they high pressured they were insulting. It wasn't the sales rep we had, but her boss that really ticked us off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 08:40 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,559,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
good for you, as hard sell as they can be, it is possible to walk away and not be trapped into buying. When we did buy, we knew before we even went to the presentation we would most likely buy and it happened to be the company we planned on purchasing from so we had no regrets. We had attended a few prior to that. Only once were they so over the top that we left almost angry. Not only were they high pressured they were insulting. It wasn't the sales rep we had, but her boss that really ticked us off.
Go secondary market...avoid ^...and save tens of thousands.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Go secondary market...avoid ^...and save tens of thousands.
At the time there was no secondary market for Hilton Grand Vacations: the reason, they were brand new. it is pretty hard to do secondary if the first isn't hardly on the market. Of course, if you read my other comments you would know, I agree 100% if it is possible. Our daughter and son in law got one of theirs via EBAy for about $200 plus costs of course. I think total was way under $1000, maybe closer to $750.--

Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,559,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
At the time there was no secondary market for Hilton Grand Vacations: the reason, they were brand new. it is pretty hard to do secondary if the first isn't hardly on the market. Of course, if you read my other comments you would know, I agree 100% if it is possible. Our daughter and son in law got one of theirs via EBAy for about $200 plus costs of course. I think total was way under $1000, maybe closer to $750.--
It was advice more for future purchaser to avoid the negative experience that you posted what you went through.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
It was advice more for future purchaser to avoid the negative experience that you posted what you went through.
ok, got it. When developments are new there is no choie but to buy from the company and pay the price, but unless one has his/her heart set on a particular development and rarely is that the case, or course used is the answer.

Nita

Old 02-05-2015, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 695 times
Default Time Share Presentation

Yes, my wife and I were OFFERED a great deal to go, stay at their Hotel & attend a presentation about 2 years ago. The place had been redone and was pretty nice, no complaints there. When we attended the presentation we ended up saying No to the sales pitch. The salesman, a tall, hispanic gentleman from Texas was real nice until I said No. He then called in the head guy (the Closer, I guess) that seemed in charge of the whole presentation. When I told him No, he became upset, he stated that we had lied when we told him that we were going to keep an open mind since we already knew that we weren't going to buy before the presentation started. When he asked me why we had even shown up, I told him that THEY were the ones that had been calling ME offering me the great deal, I didn't call THEM, I would have been stupid NOT to go. He said that we were IMMORAL people, then he stood up and stormed off. We have been to numerous Time Share Presentations and own two Time Shares but this was the absolute worst one we have EVER attended.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:17 PM

863 posts, read 1,070,562 times
I've done a couple of those presentations, and have always said No, because I've subsequently found that I can book nearly all their places by the night, pretty cheap. I have friends that just paid what they said was $25,000 and more than $200 a month for the Polo Towers/Diamond Resorts deal. Unbelieveable.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:20 PM

863 posts, read 1,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd10768 View Post
Yes, my wife and I were OFFERED a great deal to go, stay at their Hotel & attend a presentation about 2 years ago. The place had been redone and was pretty nice, no complaints there. When we attended the presentation we ended up saying No to the sales pitch. The salesman, a tall, hispanic gentleman from Texas was real nice until I said No. He then called in the head guy (the Closer, I guess) that seemed in charge of the whole presentation. When I told him No, he became upset, he stated that we had lied when we told him that we were going to keep an open mind since we already knew that we weren't going to buy before the presentation started. When he asked me why we had even shown up, I told him that THEY were the ones that had been calling ME offering me the great deal, I didn't call THEM, I would have been stupid NOT to go. He said that we were IMMORAL people, then he stood up and stormed off. We have been to numerous Time Share Presentations and own two Time Shares but this was the absolute worst one we have EVER attended.
You must not have done one in Mexico.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:00 PM

15,883 posts, read 14,564,333 times
^
And then find out they have Los Zetas doing security? No thanks. I don't think I'd do this outside the US.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:08 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,038,629 times
It's pretty simple -- don't be a timeshare mooch. Timeshare mooches have to sit through timeshare presentations. I've never sat through one. I'd rather have a root canal than sit through a timeshare presentation.

Not one of them has ever offered me anything that is worth 90 minutes of my time. (And let's face it, if it really is 90 minutes then I'm the Pope. Everyone tells me it's more like 3 hours.)

A couple free hotel nights? Not worth 90 minutes of my time. Show tickets? Not worth 90 minutes. The people who will waste vacation time on a sales pitch are the sort of people who will stand in line for free headaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas