Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 05:50 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,916 times

Advertisements

So I met one of my neighbor's yesterday for the first time. A very nice retired gentleman who moved with his wife to Henderson to be near his kids, grandkids and great grand kids.

As we were looking out at the M, from our front yards, he mentioned that they were going to be building a huge sports complex there. I think that would be very cool, but as I was searching it seems that this has been proposed several times in the past few years and has never come to fruition, anywhere in the LV Valley.

Henderson sports arena gets financial backing

Anyone have any more insight into this other than what is in that article linked above?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
There was an update on this plan recently in the paper which made it appear that there may be some financial roadblocks ahead, that it's not cast in stone yet.

In some ways, I hope the plan fails, as I would prefer it to be located where it's more equidistant to everyone in the Valley. That would be a long haul for those living in the NW part of the Valley or even Summerlin.

There's certain projects that should be centrally located and this is one of them. They built the VA Hospital way the hell out of the central core, and they're already concerned about providing transportation to that site. Another project that should have gone downtown!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
Umm, ok. He had the arena proposal in a better, albeit not great location at the former Wet N Wild site. Then when it didn't get approval he had to move further and further away from reality. Part of me thinks he's positioned this in a "friendly" location for approval but will use that approval to try to get a better spot for it now that he supposedly has financial backing. Bizarre stuff really, one has to wonder if he really has the resources lined up to go ahead with his bluff and build in a pretty bad spot. Most definitely an arena of this sort needs to go downtown or mid-Strip, but competing interests seem to have more political support in those areas. Who knows he might build everything but the arena out there and hold out for a better spot when it comes time to put shovels into the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas