Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:25 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,166,664 times

Advertisements

Which hospital do they send metro officers that get shot, stabbed, get in a car crash to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 06:28 PM

152 posts, read 377,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Which hospital do they send metro officers that get shot, stabbed, get in a car crash to?
Virtually always UMC.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,136,984 times
UMC cause it's the county hospital

Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,787,837 times
UMC has the only trauma center. For a true life and death emergency that is the place to go.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:19 PM

119 posts, read 379,863 times
Quote:
Excellent question

Quote:
Originally Posted by repru View Post
Virtually always UMC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
UMC cause it's the county hospital
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
UMC has the only trauma center. For a true life and death emergency that is the place to go.
Thanks for the tip,
It is reassuring to have a hospital that as such a good reputation in the handling those kind of traumas that is close to LVCC.
With all the talk about black widows spiders and scorpions invasion...
to have such a great hospital within a 10 minutes drive can allow one who his visiting to sleep better at night.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:12 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,437,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT View Post
Excellent question

....With all the talk about black widows spiders and scorpions invasion...
to have such a great hospital within a 10 minutes drive can allow one who his visiting to sleep better at night.
But I don't think the neighborhoods within 10 minutes drive to UMC are very nice.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:20 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,378,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
But I don't think the neighborhoods within 10 minutes drive to UMC are very nice.
Scotch 80 and Rancho Circle are nearby.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT View Post
Excellent question

Thanks for the tip,
It is reassuring to have a hospital that as such a good reputation in the handling those kind of traumas that is close to LVCC.
With all the talk about black widows spiders and scorpions invasion...
Yeah, let me know if you ever see anyone with a black widow or scorpion emergency. Jeez. Y'all watch too many western movies.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Depends on which one is the lowest bidder.

Actually, the Nasty Boys in NLV operate on themselves with a KA-BAR knife.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:40 AM

119 posts, read 379,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
Scotty when i google UMC to Las Vegas Country Club it showed the distance to be 2.9mi in about 10min by car.When i will be visiting Vegas for the S.B. week-end in Feb.,witch will be my 1st time since 2006, is where i will be staying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Scotch 80 and Rancho Circle are nearby.
Buzzy,
the image i have of Scotch80 & Rancho Circle are of old vegas(i have been a "million time" to vegas but never visited those 2) and along with LVCC where known as the Beverly Hills of Las Vegas.However when you look at OLYCAPT crime map all 3 of these neighborhoods are in the "red zone"?
Are S80 & RC still quality neighborhoods that are like a oasis in the middle of a wretched area and how safe are they since they are not gated?If i could live in Vegas aside from residing at the ridges in summerlin any of these 3 neighborhoods would be a great alternative on my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Yeah, let me know if you ever see anyone with a black widow or scorpion emergency. Jeez. Y'all watch too many western movies.
Jezz Buzz i'm a north easterner,sorry bro,but to think of coming home either stone,tired or both and forgetting to look in my cupboard 1st for a "messy spider web pattern"before i stick my hand in or wake up during the night to go take a P. and forgetting to look in my slippers 1st before i slip my feet in or look under my covers 1st before i crawled in to sleep will get me in a pickle with that sh*t.I am not a expert so i am not arguing with you but i doubt that getting stung by that garbage is the the same as a mosquito,black fly
or even bee stung.I red many threads on cd where people got super sick from the venom coming out of that sh_t.In a strip hotel between desert inn and Tropicana one is safe,so is LVCC but outside of those area i personally do not know, Better safe than sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas