Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 05:53 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,335,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Gonzales took bribes for city contracts. His is still in due processs.
Really: http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_6123426
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 06:04 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,718,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
From what i hear, another city is going after him with the same charges. Mercury News sucks BTW

Old 09-01-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
From what i hear, another city is going after him with the same charges. Mercury News sucks BTW
Well, what you hear is good enough for me. If your opinion is that the facts are inaccurate as presented by the San Jose Mercury News, then I have to agree.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:10 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,718,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Well, what you hear is good enough for me. If your opinion is that the facts are inaccurate as presented by the San Jose Mercury News, then I have to agree.
Lets just say I have close relations with a few people in the San Jose city government.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Lets just say I have close relations with a few people in the San Jose city government.
Yeah, me too, and my sources say the EX-mayor is in the clear.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:04 PM

560 posts, read 2,189,310 times
Ok.... back to the pool questions This is our first experience with an inground pool. What is typically done to the pool at the end of pool season? Do you just cover it until next year? Do you need to keep putting the chlorine in it? Do you need to take the water level down at all? Does the filter still need to run? Thanks in advance for all the wonderful help I know I will receive.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,232,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
Ok.... back to the pool questions This is our first experience with an inground pool. What is typically done to the pool at the end of pool season? Do you just cover it until next year? Do you need to keep putting the chlorine in it? Do you need to take the water level down at all? Does the filter still need to run? Thanks in advance for all the wonderful help I know I will receive.
All this depends on how your pool is configured, how you use it, and how it is maintained.

If you pay the pool guy it just goes on and gets done. If you have a good sized pool heater or an integrated spa you can use the system year round. In fact heating the pool up for holidays is not unheard of.

So you basically maintain your pool in swimmable condition year round. Just a lot colder in January than in July. You therefore maintain the chemistry and filter year round. You can cut way back on the filtering in the winter. And you will use small amouts of chemistry. I check my covered pool once a month between Christmas and Easter.

Covering the pool in the winter is sensible. Cuts down on chemical and filtering. Also removes the need to get the junk that blows into the pool out.

I have an electrically driven cover so I keep my pool covered year round when not in use. Pool stays warmer. Uses less chemicals and has very few problems with algae and such. On the other hand I replace the cover every four years for about $2,000. The cover however pretty much makes the pool unconditionally safe when closed.

There is what I know. AA Pools can add I am sure.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
All this depends on how your pool is configured, how you use it, and how it is maintained.

If you pay the pool guy it just goes on and gets done. If you have a good sized pool heater or an integrated spa you can use the system year round. In fact heating the pool up for holidays is not unheard of.

So you basically maintain your pool in swimmable condition year round. Just a lot colder in January than in July. You therefore maintain the chemistry and filter year round. You can cut way back on the filtering in the winter. And you will use small amouts of chemistry. I check my covered pool once a month between Christmas and Easter.

Covering the pool in the winter is sensible. Cuts down on chemical and filtering. Also removes the need to get the junk that blows into the pool out.

I have an electrically driven cover so I keep my pool covered year round when not in use. Pool stays warmer. Uses less chemicals and has very few problems with algae and such. On the other hand I replace the cover every four years for about $2,000. The cover however pretty much makes the pool unconditionally safe when closed.

There is what I know. AA Pools can add I am sure.
I know you don't care abouit details, such as name and ADDRESS, but isn't it A & A Pool Servifce?

Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 PM

560 posts, read 2,189,310 times
Thanks a lot

Old 09-01-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
Thanks a lot
Send a PM to the pool guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas