Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 05:43 PM

23 posts, read 28,815 times

Advertisements

I know there are good areas and bad areas in Henderson. I am guessing this is a bad area since the rent is so cheap? I am hoping I am wrong LOL.
450 Sellers Place
Henderson, NV 89011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 06:34 PM

92 posts, read 185,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolalucy View Post
I know there are good areas and bad areas in Henderson. I am guessing this is a bad area since the rent is so cheap? I am hoping I am wrong LOL.
450 Sellers Place
Henderson, NV 89011
My daughter used to live on Sellers Place. It's not a great area, but I wouldn't say it isn't safe enough. However, that was 2 years ago, and as the rents have gotten cheaper over there, the neighborhood may have gotten worse. I mean, it's basically low income and that brings decent, but poor, working families as well as kind of "unsavory" types. The houses on the streets surrounding the townhouses are pretty trashy. The townhouses are kind of cute though, if you find one that has been decently remodeled. I would definitely include this area in the "worse areas" of Henderson.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:35 PM

Thanks very much for your input. I wasn't sure exactly how bad the bad areas of Henderson are so wanted to check here.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:52 PM

92 posts, read 185,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolalucy View Post
Thanks very much for your input. I wasn't sure exactly how bad the bad areas of Henderson are so wanted to check here.
Well, keep in mind that other people might describe the neighborhood as TERRIBLE. For instance, I really like the neighborhood in Henderson where I live now--South Valley Ranch. I love the park that is in the middle of the development, and I just like the "feel" of the neighborhood. It is a solid working-class neighborhood, though, and I would guess that a lot of people would call it a "bad" neighborhood. It just depends on what your comfort level is. I walk my dog at night in the park here all the time and never feel unsafe. Hopefully there will be other people giving input to help you make your decision.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:11 PM

Well I checked the map and it is in a yellow area so I was assuming that it is safe. I am ok being around lower income working people. I just want to feel safe walking to and from my car at night time and things like that.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,914,218 times
It is a working class area. It is fairly safe day or night as far as crime but you will get an earful of loud music, cars burning out and people yelling. It is not exactly the cleanest most scenic part of town either. But if the price was cheap enough, it would be worth a look.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 PM

Thanks that is exciting as there are some very reasonably priced condos on that street and I am fine with working class, considering that is what I am LOL. As long as I am safe then I am happy.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:43 PM

137 posts, read 222,550 times
On the 2011 crime map the address/area is marked "green", am I looking at an outdated map?

I am about to see a rental in 89011 (near Lake Mead Dr., a bit up the road), seems in the "green" zone as well?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 PM

You are right I meant green. I should not post while I am working LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas