Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,133 times

Advertisements

Actually, i have spent weeks calling and emailing. Basically it would go like this, i email my property manager (which is a realestate company), this still isn't fixed, i get an email back we'll have someone there this weekend, no one shows up, i call, they say i don't know where they are they should have showed up. And the exact process continued for over 2 months before i gave up on it. It's not as much as the stuff not being fixed as it is i don't like being in this home anymore for a number a reasons, and if them not living up completely to the lease agreement, even if it's a small part of the lease agreement, is it enough to get out of it, and if that is a breach of contract what does that entitle me to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 04:23 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,190,069 times
sooooo lemmee git this straight......THEY are required to live up to every letter of the lease but YOU are not........right....?

Old 09-14-2011, 04:48 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,361,233 times
My thought is, if you want people to respond to you professionally, you have to address them professionally. That means a properly written, comprehensible letter with your complaints spelled out clearly, sent from the USPS via registered mail (that means they have to sign for it, therefore you have PROOF they received it). In fact, no other method of communication is legally binding in any way. They can say they didn't get your E-mail. they didn't hear your phone call, the letter with the regular stamp on it must be lost in the mail ... and you don't have a leg to stand on.

In the letter that details your complaints, you must also be clear about what you expect in terms of a response. And when they do respond, you have to be there to enable them to complete their work. Otherwise they'll be charging that your dogs are danger or something like that.

Honestly, your letter doesn't sound as if you chose your home very carefully and now every little thing that goes wrong annoys you beyond reason. You're within your rights to demand those things be fixed (not their fault you don't like the yard), but you have to do something other than whine online about what's wrong. I think you'll find that repair people don't show up on time even if it's your dream house and you own it. It sucks, but that's life.

You ARE within your rights to expect the terms of your lease to be honored, but unless you can find some really compelling valid complaints about the property and -- most importantly -- you are willing to do the work it will take to prove them, you're stuck there until next May.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,289,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagetout View Post
Actually, i have spent weeks calling and emailing. Basically it would go like this, i email my property manager (which is a realestate company), this still isn't fixed, i get an email back we'll have someone there this weekend, no one shows up, i call, they say i don't know where they are they should have showed up. And the exact process continued for over 2 months before i gave up on it. It's not as much as the stuff not being fixed as it is i don't like being in this home anymore for a number a reasons, and if them not living up completely to the lease agreement, even if it's a small part of the lease agreement, is it enough to get out of it, and if that is a breach of contract what does that entitle me to.
Fix whatever is wrong and deduct it from the rent. They may well try to evict you but I doubt it if you have the track you claim to have.

I am sorry but it does not kill the lease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas