Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 04:19 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,065,404 times

Advertisements

Let me take this opportunity to thank those who have taken the time to use the "report this post" feature to report the recent rash of trolling threads. Since designated moderators can't be online constantly throughout the day, we appreciate those of you who report bad posts as all the moderators here on City-Data Forums will see those reports and be able to act on removing these threads quickly.

Please refrain from commenting in these trolling threads as it just fuels more of the same. Just ignore these threads if you can until they are removed.

Thanks again and for the benefit of the user creating these threads, I've posted this explanation several weeks ago and I'm going to repost it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
Moderator Interpose: Ok, we've had enough of these dedicated threads lately just to bash. We are not going to let these types of threads continue for the time being.

City-Data Forums invites discussion on the pros and cons of an area. That's what this forum is all about. No city or location will be all good or all bad. There are good points to all cities, towns, states, and other specific geographical locations, as well as bad points.

I think I can safely say that to start a thread just to bash and proclaim that a city "sucks," is actually trolling especially if it is couched just to rant. To come into a forum where locals participate and proclaim that their city "sucks" even if you do in fact live here (some trolling threads show IPs that are not even local to the area) is trolling because it baits those who do enjoy living in said city to angrily respond back and a flame war will eventually ensue. This will not be tolerated.

Civilized discussions on the "cons" of a city will be welcomed as long as it isn't a rant and is written in a way not to bait but to actually have a productive debate back and forth about the topic the poster is bringing to the forum for discussion.

Threads and/or posts will be removed which state that location "sucks" and does not qualify why nor explain and ask for discussion about that topic. The use of the word "sucks" is baiting in and of itself should be avoided.

Thanks.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas