Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:59 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,446,269 times

Advertisements

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember Ed Sullivan's Show of Shows, but Ed went to Korea to entertain the troops, and the hype was that he discovered the Kim Sisters and brought them over. I remember seeing them on his show, and then when I moved to Las Vegas I got to see them almost every night at the Stardust Lounge. They even lived in the apartment next door to my buddy who worked at the Stardust. At one time he dated one of them. I got to have drinks with he and Sue Kim a couple of times between shows. Not sure the other two were old enough to drink.

One day not long ago my wife and I were looking at open houses and at one house the realtor sign had the agent's name on it. It said Sue Kim. I said to my wife I wonder if she's THE Sue Kim. We went inside and sure enough it was. We talked about the good old days, and she told us she has been close friends with The Wayner ever since they were all teenagers, and too young to hang out in the joints where they were working. She mentioned all the fun things they used to do together, just like every other Las Vegas teen was doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 06:02 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,571,877 times
When Ed Sullivan played blackjack in LV, his cards were dealt from..."a really big shoe".

Old 08-11-2011, 07:09 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,205,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember Ed Sullivan's Show of Shows, but Ed went to Korea to entertain the troops, and the hype was that he discovered the Kim Sisters and brought them over. I remember seeing them on his show, and then when I moved to Las Vegas I got to see them almost every night at the Stardust Lounge. They even lived in the apartment next door to my buddy who worked at the Stardust. At one time he dated one of them. I got to have drinks with he and Sue Kim a couple of times between shows. Not sure the other two were old enough to drink.

One day not long ago my wife and I were looking at open houses and at one house the realtor sign had the agent's name on it. It said Sue Kim. I said to my wife I wonder if she's THE Sue Kim. We went inside and sure enough it was. We talked about the good old days, and she told us she has been close friends with The Wayner ever since they were all teenagers, and too young to hang out in the joints where they were working. She mentioned all the fun things they used to do together, just like every other Las Vegas teen was doing.
When I got here the Kim's were working the Lounge at the El Cortez [YEH the same El cortez] And Fig was workin at the Fremont lounge.
1stxwifewhatzername and I were FigFans....they were billed as JERRY & Wayne Newton....It was JERRY's show and Wayne was just a little fat kid that could play MEAN fiddle. Then wayne hit the BIG 16 and they changed it to the NEWTON BROTHERS. Then Tommy Amato joined them and Tomy taught Wayner to be the first class PR%^& that we've all come to know and love.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:12 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,909,647 times
I saw Terry Fador at Sweet Tomatoes!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,571,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
...and the puppet was eating like a pig!

Old 08-12-2011, 03:22 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,350,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
Why does everyone keep misspelling his name? It's Fator. I wonder if he ate that cream of mushroom soup...

Old 08-12-2011, 06:23 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,459,631 times
I had a conversation with Bette Midler outside the London Palladium more than 30 years
ago. When she was performing in LV a while back I hoped to run into her and say "hi
Bette, remember me?" No such luck!!! It's a shame there is a lack of truly international stars
now. Most of the people mentioned on here I don't know, except the ones I know of by
visiting Las Vegas like Terry Fator. I would have loved to meet Tony Curtis, a real star and
gentleman. I saw him on English TV shortly before he died, a real 24 carat star.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:29 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,848,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Why does everyone keep misspelling his name? It's Fator. I wonder if he ate that cream of mushroom soup...
No one it their right mind would eat that.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:54 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,620,807 times
I met Carrot Top last August, he's from FL we talked about home for a good few minutes.

I also met the guitar player from train, he played the ukilailee in "Hey Soul Sister"

Working at the Cosmopolitan I have met Vince Vaughn, Rihanna, Lebron James, Chris Paul, and Seth Rogen

Old 08-12-2011, 05:31 PM

78 posts, read 119,102 times
@DavieJ89 -I'm jealous- CP3(Chris Paul) is my favorite basketball player
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas