Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 01:15 PM

107 posts, read 424,000 times

Advertisements

We are PCSing from Lackland AFB (San Antonio) to Nellis in a couple of months. I have a 7 year old daughter that is pretty good in golf. She is currently taking private lessons from a top 100 Golf Pro and we would like to continue this when we move to Las Vegas.

Any recommendations/suggestions?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM

699 posts, read 2,218,426 times
a quick google says butch harmon has a school here. Learn How To Play Golf at The Butch Harmon School of Golf

Old 08-02-2011, 05:39 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
The junior programs here in Vegas are somewhat lacking; however, I have found a couple to check out:

1. The Junior Golf Academy at Desert Willow. Desert Willow is an executive course but they have a teaching program there for 6-17 year olds. I got a Groupon for my 7-year old twins that I'll be using next month once the weather gets a little cooler. Their website is Junior Golf Academy, Kids Golf Instruction,

2. Tom Carlson's Junior Golf Academy. This is located at Angel Park which will be closer to Nellis than Desert Willow but I think the rates are much higher than Desert Willow.

There is also a First Tee program here in Vegas but it sounds like your daughter is more advanced.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:08 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,906,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
The junior programs here in Vegas are somewhat lacking; however, I have found a couple to check out:

1. The Junior Golf Academy at Desert Willow. Desert Willow is an executive course but they have a teaching program there for 6-17 year olds. I got a Groupon for my 7-year old twins that I'll be using next month once the weather gets a little cooler. Their website is Junior Golf Academy, Kids Golf Instruction,
I also recommend the JGA at Desert Willow. Pam Bower, the teaching pro, is a US Top 100 teaching pro. I happen to be taking lessons from her though the bulk of her teaching is juniors.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 PM

107 posts, read 424,000 times
Thank you!!!! Both Desert Willow and Angel Park look promising. Will be checking them out as soon as we get there!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 AM

126 posts, read 269,153 times
I was playing at painted desert last week and noticed a large group of kids that looked like they were taking lessons (could have been a day camp though.. didnt really pay much attention). Also, I recently went through the TPC lessons with my wife, $100 for 5 weeks (one hour a day each week). Having taken lessons as a kid myself and been to 'golf camp', would rate the TPC lessons about a 6 out of 10... its is in a professional atmosphere and the instructor is good.. but the instruction is just the absolute basics and doesnt really cover anything you cant learn from hitting balls and watching golf instruction on youtube or dvds (covers basic grip, stance, swing principles, ball position, club use, etc).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas