Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 01:44 AM

508 posts, read 1,022,573 times

Advertisements

This is somewhat a continuation of my previous post

https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...cel-lease.html

But I have taken your responses to heart you are right it is not the tenant I have an issue with but the property management company, and since I am stuck paying back the 8,000 tax credit anyway I might as well transfer the renter to a reputable company.

So I was reading over the contract and found that it is possible (with a small fee) to transfer all files over to another company and this is something I would really like to do so if anyone has any recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote:
from contract:

Early Termination: This agreement may be terminated by Owner before the termination date specified in Section 2(d) by written notice to Broker not less than 30 days prior to the termination date specified in such notice, together with a cancellation fee in the amount equal to the management fee that would accrue over the remainder of the stated term of any existing lease agreement or this agreement whichever is greater.

In the even that owner directs broker to transfer files and documents to a succeeding management company, Owner will pay broker a transfer fee of $100.00. This agreement may be terminated by broker before the termination date specified in Section 2(d) upon 30 days written notice to Owner.

Within ten days of termination, Owner will pay Broker all monies due under this agreement. Should this agreement be terminated by either party prior to leasing the property, Broker is entitled to retain the Set-up Fee and owner shall reimburse Broker for the actual cost of any expenses insured relative to the property.

If Owner terminates this agreement prior to leasing the property, Owner agrees to pay cancellation fee of $150.00

Something that makes me so mad is I would have gladly paid $150 to be rid of them, since I told them I do not want them to rent the property before the lease was signed. This whole ordeal honestly makes me so sick to my stomach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 01:51 AM

oh in addition I FINALLY got a itemized statement from them on all payments (after asking for it 100 times) and it is missing money. if rent is X and there fee is Y that would equal Z.... however they state the payments are 2,000 less then what regular mathmatics says it is and they cant account for it.

I hate this whole rental agreement thing. I could cry.

If anyone knows a good attorney i will take that too!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:02 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
read what you typed again.... $150 fee is prior to the property being rented. you owe the whole amount of the management fee throughout the lease to cancel AND now i understand you wanted to cancel.. you were trying to get out of paying the 8 grand back..

Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
read what you typed again.... $150 fee is prior to the property being rented. you owe the whole amount of the management fee throughout the lease to cancel AND now i understand you wanted to cancel.. you were trying to get out of paying the 8 grand back..
Yes i know... i said i would have gladly paid them the $150. because i did try to cancel before it was rented.

its only like 800 left on their contract anyway. anything to get rid of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas