Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 05:03 PM

22 posts, read 82,109 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Las Vegas in August, and I will be working on the North East side. I'm looking for an apartment, but I'm aware that it's the worst part of town. My boss recommended that I look for apartments near Russell and 95. Does anyone know of reputable apartments in this area? Also, is it really that bad on the North East side? Could I survive ok by getting an apartment in that area, or should I play it safe and get one in a different location?

Lastly, how long is the typical wait time to be accepted for an apartment? I have nearly perfect credit and can pay the security deposit and first few months of rent immediately. Can I show up and have an apartment on the same day, or will there be a waiting period?

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 05:10 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,916,996 times
I just posted a thread about young professional areas of Las Vegas. Not sure if you are in that demographic, but if you are check it out. From what I have seen and heard, Southwest is the best for young professionals and for families probably Northwest (Summerlin) and Henderson.

As for the waiting period it depends. Some corporations make their employees go thru the motions; others due to the economy will quickly run a credit check and then let you sign just to fill up places. Private condo owners in the larger buildings can decide for themselves.

There may be some negotiating room because they is so much availability. I remember briefly checking places out a while ago just in case I did move there and a lot of complexes are half full.

I find Las Vegas traffic to not be that bad but then again I'm used to Los Angeles and before that Chicago.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:48 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'll look for your thread.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:03 PM

Does anyone have an opinion on these apartments?

La Mesa Apartments
560 Sierra Vista Dr # 12
Las Vegas, NV 89109

Oasis Landing
4000 E Bonanza Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89110

Both on are on the East side, but they've received positive reviews as seen in Google searches.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:13 PM

52 posts, read 90,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaaron22 View Post
I'm moving to Las Vegas in August, and I will be working on the North East side. I'm looking for an apartment, but I'm aware that it's the worst part of town. My boss recommended that I look for apartments near Russell and 95. Does anyone know of reputable apartments in this area? Also, is it really that bad on the North East side? Could I survive ok by getting an apartment in that area, or should I play it safe and get one in a different location?

Lastly, how long is the typical wait time to be accepted for an apartment? I have nearly perfect credit and can pay the security deposit and first few months of rent immediately. Can I show up and have an apartment on the same day, or will there be a waiting period?

Thanks for your help.
2 cents

I'm not a fan of the northeast side.
Wait time for aceptance on apartment varies but slightly only, based on my experience. It should be in a couple of days based on my experience, or much shorter; they'll need references to check on and that can produce a wait. There can be checks on job stability too (not every complex does this I believe) and that can produce a wait; they may even ask you to produce last 3 months of pay slips or a job contract. Have your paperwork ready when you come to the door to apply is a prudent action.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 PM

Thank you for the advice.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaaron22 View Post
Does anyone have an opinion on these apartments?

La Mesa Apartments
560 Sierra Vista Dr # 12
Las Vegas, NV 89109

Oasis Landing
4000 E Bonanza Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89110

Both on are on the East side, but they've received positive reviews as seen in Google searches.
I checked out La Mesa Apartments. It is in a terrible area. Bear in mind I grew up in Chicago and currently live full time in Los Angeles.

There were some gang bangers hanging out as I was driving by in that vicinity a little further east on Sierra Vista.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
I checked out La Mesa Apartments. It is in a terrible area. Bear in mind I grew up in Chicago and currently live full time in Los Angeles.

There were some gang bangers hanging out as I was driving by in that vicinity a little further east on Sierra Vista.
Perhaps it's worth the money and the longer commute to get a place on the West side.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:10 AM

The nicest areas I saw were Southwest, Henderson, and Summerlin (Northwest).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: