Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 10:51 PM

5 posts, read 9,892 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone~

Because of my work , I'll go to Vegas end of this year and I'm planning to get a 2 brs condo there. Anyone can give any suggestion for the location? or if you have any great community to suggest will be the best.

I'm 29 , female, single. My budget will be around $80000. So far I prefer downtown because it's close to everywhere. But safety and environment could be problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 09:08 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,172,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophia0899 View Post
Hi everyone~

Because of my work , I'll go to Vegas end of this year and I'm planning to get a 2 brs condo there. Anyone can give any suggestion for the location? or if you have any great community to suggest will be the best.

I'm 29 , female, single. My budget will be around $80000. So far I prefer downtown because it's close to everywhere. But safety and environment could be problem?
$80,000 a month?

You can start here...

Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,542,930 times
are you making reference to the way apt's are leased/invested in NY? cause that's not how it works anywhere else.

80,000 purchase price will get you something good, because much of that "condo" property is about 50k from what I was told by my agent.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:31 PM

Sorry von949, I didn't mention it correctly. $80,000 is my purchase budget.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,247,282 times
Quote:
Sorry von949, I didn't mention it correctly. $80,000 is my purchase budget.
YOu can acquire a reasonably nice condo for under 80K.

Where do you need to be?

Vegas sprawls and where you need to be is probably the number 1 criteria on which place to suggest.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
are you making reference to the way apt's are leased/invested in NY? cause that's not how it works anywhere else.

80,000 purchase price will get you something good, because much of that "condo" property is about 50k from what I was told by my agent.
Thank you MSchu. About the leased/invested apt , how is it work in Vegas?
With my work, I only go there 1 or 2 months a year. It's not necessary for a purchase. But I'd like to get an apt there because I'm planing for UNLV 2 years courses and the real estate price seems reasonable for me.

Is there any good condo/apt or area to suggest in Summerlin?

Old 06-28-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu can acquire a reasonably nice condo for under 80K.

Where do you need to be?

Vegas sprawls and where you need to be is probably the number 1 criteria on which place to suggest.
By my work, most of the time in The Strip area. So I considered about downtown. But most of the apt I checked there either very expensive or very old. Difficult to find a proper one.

Summerlin is where everyone (almost ) recommended as nice community and well planned. How far is it from Summerlin to The Strip?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,247,282 times
Quote:
By my work, most of the time in The Strip area. So I considered about downtown. But most of the apt I checked there either very expensive or very old. Difficult to find a proper one.

Summerlin is where everyone (almost ) recommended as nice community and well planned. How far is it from Summerlin to The Strip?
Summerlin is 20 minutes to half an hour. Quicker if you stay toward the Summerlin parkway and west side. There is one in Redhills which is convenient to the Pkwy. And more in the interior of Summerlin with a 5 minute longer commute. there are some nice units in Adagio...though a conversion it is reasonably nice.

You might also consider Silverado...which is south of the strip. Manhattan or, for a two bedroom, Park Avenue. There are a couple of others.

There are a few in the Las Vegas Country Club. Unfortunately the obvious ones are an older conversion...lovely spot lousey units. You might look at those. Note that the CC is one of the safest and neatest places around...but the surrounding neighborhoods are bad to almost dangerous.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Note that the CC is one of the safest and neatest places around...but the surrounding neighborhoods are bad to almost dangerous.
This can be a real scary saying. I think good neightbours are very important. And a safe place to live can be the first thing for consideration.

20-30mins are very convenient, it's ok. I'll focus on Summerlin~
Only 1-2 months every year I stay in Vegas , so I'd like to rent an room or entire apartment for some rental income. Would it be difficult to rent the room out in Summerlin? And what's the average rental price? ( I don't really mind to rent sligtly lower than the market price , as long as they keep the house clean )

Too many questions , but really thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: