Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,052,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Not true. I'd have to look again at the minimum timeline, but it's more like 18 days if everyone does everything as quickly as they can.

You have a 5 day pay or quit, then a 5 day unlawful retainer, then you have to schedule the constable to execute the eviction. Those are all business days too, so it's a couple weeks if everyone is on the ball.
I had my tenant out in 6 days.. I used eviction las vegas. She even tried to get a stay at the court hearing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 04:29 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,083,442 times
I didn't even catch that.

I've never seen an HOA actually foreclose. They just postpone forever.

In that case, I wouldn't worry about this at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Note this is not a bank foreclosure...it is the HOA. Do they ever really do it? If I remember correctly they can foreclose over a first in NV though they have to provide proper notification to the other lien holders. Sounds wonderfully complex.

Skilled tenant can stall at least a month. And they can simply pay the back rent. Generally the judge will not insist on payment of any other charges.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:36 PM

nowhere in the op's post did it say hoa foreclosure so capt. must have looked it up..

Old 06-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
nowhere in the op's post did it say hoa foreclosure so capt. must have looked it up..
Says right in the title.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:56 AM

How embarrassing. Can't believe I missed it

Old 06-14-2011, 10:49 PM

49 posts, read 187,495 times
Nothing happened on the 8th (I looked up the law firms other filings and they have foreclosed, just never at the time listed) Well now the "property manager" (not the home owner but some business partner that we have never paid rent to or have been in contact with for repairs so shes not much of a property manager) wants to put a lockbox on the door so anybody can just come in whenever they want to show the property for short sale. She tried to sell me on how only RE agents would be able to get in and that we would have notice but I know that's a bunch of baloney because I've gained access to vacant houses with lockboxes on them, I'm not a RE agent..

apparently the lockbox on the door will make it more attractive. Then she went on to say that rent is going up in Las Vegas and how good of a deal we are getting on our rent (we pay $1100 for a 1200SQFT house in Southern Highlands, I've looked at the rentals in the area.. shes a liar) and how we are in good hands.. etc.

She said she was going to give us 30 days notice since I said I was uncomfortable with it. That's fine by me. They just replaced the water heater three weeks ago and the valves for the sprinklers, we paid our rent when the owner called us back with the acct # so if they want us out so they can show the property with a lockbox it's not a problem for us, we're probably just going to move.. any enlightenment though?

Last edited by WAT.; 06-14-2011 at 11:00 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 11:01 PM

1. with a lockbox ONLY a realtor can get in... If you were able to gain access prior, you could have had a problem
2. rents are stable or rising.. with all the foreclosures, people need to rent.. Only apartment rents are hurting
3. $1100 is on par for the southern highlands

Old 06-14-2011, 11:27 PM

49 posts, read 187,495 times
I came in with permission from the realtor, they weren't present but I was able to get in with the key inside the lockbox. I'm more or less concerned with people dropping by unannounced and opening the door because she can't guarantee me that it won't happen. She even said that she wanted it on the door for "emergencies".. I said, showings without notice and she said yes. Proceeded to call us "dependents" because of the "low" rent and the house losing money and how shes in charge and we aren't. Looking at the nicer, larger houses in the area I will just tell her she can give us the 30 days notice whenever she wants. thanks for the reply

Old 06-14-2011, 11:31 PM

The realtor can lose their license by letting an individual access to the lockbox without the realtor present. Highly illegal

Old 06-15-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAT. View Post
She tried to sell me on how only RE agents would be able to get in and that we would have notice but I know that's a bunch of baloney because I've gained access to vacant houses with lockboxes on them, I'm not a RE agent..
If it's an electronic lockbox (Supra lock box), nobody is getting in without the agent's electronic key and their keycode, which no agent is going to give out.

If it's a combo lockbox where you just need the code, I wouldn't want that since the agents will more readily give out the code and sometimes it is even on the MLS sheet.

I've never seen an combo lockbox used except on some vacant REO's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAT. View Post
She said she was going to give us 30 days notice since I said I was uncomfortable with it. . any enlightenment though?
Not sure what to tell you here. You obviously feel like you're getting screwed and the reality is your landlord wants to short sale the house. Many renters have been faced with this lately. Nobody wants to rent a house and have to deal with showing it, but really the landlord doesn't want to deal with that either since you're not going to "present" the house well for showings since you have no vested interest (in fact you have the opposite) in cleaning up before showings, etc.

If you don't want to deal with it, move. If you feel like you're getting a good deal or the hassle of moving overrides it, then stay. If you never want this to happen again, buy a house.

This is just reality of renting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas