Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:17 AM

13 posts, read 41,063 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at the posts on this sight for 2 days now. There is some great advice.

My boyfriend and I currently live in New Jersey and he is ready to leave. Las Vegas is one of the only places other than NJ I would want to be. I always wanted to move to Las Vegas and work for one of the hotel doing public relations or marketing. I have a BA in Public Relations and have been doing some consulting work part time since graduating in 2003. I have been doing technology sales full time since 2004. but I would like to get away from this. Is it hard to get a position at the hotels? Do you have to know someone?

I know people ask about it all the time, but what neighborhoods would you suggest. Obviously, I want to be safe, but location is key to us. It currently takes about 5-10 minutes for me to get to work and I would love that. What neighborhoods are closet to the big hotels?

I appreciate any responces. This is a big step for me. My entire family lives within 5 minutes of each other in NJ, so I am a bit scared at the thought of leaving them. I hope to follow my dream in Las Vegas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 11:14 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,690,452 times
89123 is close to the hotels, 89121 may also be another option if you would like an older more established area...

Old 08-05-2007, 11:47 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,368,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvg716 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at the posts on this sight for 2 days now. There is some great advice.

My boyfriend and I currently live in New Jersey and he is ready to leave. Las Vegas is one of the only places other than NJ I would want to be. I always wanted to move to Las Vegas and work for one of the hotel doing public relations or marketing. I have a BA in Public Relations and have been doing some consulting work part time since graduating in 2003. I have been doing technology sales full time since 2004. but I would like to get away from this. Is it hard to get a position at the hotels? Do you have to know someone?

I know people ask about it all the time, but what neighborhoods would you suggest. Obviously, I want to be safe, but location is key to us. It currently takes about 5-10 minutes for me to get to work and I would love that. What neighborhoods are closet to the big hotels?

I appreciate any responces. This is a big step for me. My entire family lives within 5 minutes of each other in NJ, so I am a bit scared at the thought of leaving them. I hope to follow my dream in Las Vegas!
I'd recommend that you come here and rent until you learn more about the area. Then decide where you want to live. IMO from what you're saying, I think you should stay where you are. I think you not only have more opportunity for what you do but you have something you won't find here...the support of family and friends. But I understand the call of adventure as much as anyone. So when you get here start making the rounds of hotels with resume in hand. You might also try the utility companies, the Las Vegas News Bureau, all the ad agencies, and all the large companies in town that might use PR people such as government contractors, construction companies, banking institutions, plain old PR firms, etc. In other words the same places you would apply if you were in New York or any other large city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: